Anyone else here dealing with cooking for a diabetic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elke Beck

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

When I stumbled on this message board, I had to join! What a great community!

I am coping with cooking for a diabetic in my household, and I was wondering if anyone else is dealing with this issue. It has changed the way I cook, so I am looking for creative ideas for dealing with the restrictions.

I live in sunny southern California, and would not move anywhere else in the world. I am the Human Resources Director for a non profit organization that provides programs for people with disabilities, and I love it. Hmmm, sort of scary that I am in a happy place in my life!

I love cooking, and I can't think of anything better than cooking for a crowd! And I would love to chat with people who love cooking, too!

Welcome Elke,
we have a topic here called, healthy, nutrition and special diets. Post a message there and i'm sure you will have many who will be glad to share their meal plans with you. Give us an idea of exactly what you would like, say do you want to use less carbs,more protein, do you exchange carbs as I do ..The forum is slow tonight being a weekend and just after a holiday, but tomorrow I'm sure you will find some good and helpful people to help you along share ideas.
kadesma

Hello Elke. I can't help you but this is a friendly place so you're bound to come across people who are full of good ideas.

Elke....as a nurse who deals with diabetics all the time, I can tell you that following Atkins recipes or any low carb recipe is really healthy for a diabetic person.The less carbs one consumes, the better for the pancreas!
All the best,
Barb

Back
Top Bottom