new girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LouSon

Assistant Cook
I need some ideas on how to work with non-smoked pork. How do I get it to be tender and have a juicy taste? Did a ham for Thanksgiving and it was dry. I took the leftovers and made barbecue pork sandwiches, which were good. But I need some ideas on the ham and bacon.

I have sjogrens and I am trying to stick to a diet of "If God made it I can eat it". I am working with coconut flour and other gluten free foods. Only using honey for sweetener until I come up with something different. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi welcome to the group!
I'm a very unhealthy cook so can't help you with your request but...
some one will come along and give you some advice.

Welcome, glad you are going to with us. I also made a ham for Thanksgiving and it said on the package not to overcook or it will dry it out. Could that have been the problem?

A couple weeks ago I did a boneless Pork Loin & a spiral ham for the homeless shelter. The pork loin was the star of the show.

I rubbed it with Ozark Seasoning from Penzey's & baked it in an Reynold's oven bag. When the temp. reached 155º , I removed it from the oven & let it sit for a little while before I sliced it. It was juicy & tender enough to cut with a fork. Very, very simple but everyone loved it! There were no leftovers.

I cooked the ham in an oven bag, too, but it wasn't as impressive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom