Need a liquid/really soft diet recipes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Got anything? He's tired of Tomato soup and pudding.
Mushed up potatoes didn't go down, so, need something along those lines but smooth like pudding. Meat is out of the question in whole form, he chokes in seconds. Thanks for any help!!:)

Smoothies jazzed up with protein powder. What is this for? Why isn't your doctor helping with this?
Potatoes can be made closer to liquid. Meat can be pureed in gravy.
Do you have a blender? Stick blender?
Eggnog--made with pasteurized eggs or coddled eggs.
Vegetables pureed. Just about any food you want, pureed.

Ohhhh, poor guy... no news about his condition or treatment?
Well, for now I think variety of smoothies may be the way to go. You can combine so many different fruits, and with some addition of milk, yogurt, or if necessary some proper quality supplements, it can make an enjoyable and satisfying meal substitute.
Here are lots of examples of recipes.

I really hope he can get back to where he can enjoy real food with you soon though!! Good luck!!

Thanks you two!
Won't hear anything until monday on the barium swallow.
As for doc's ideas, i haven't gotten the fax yet, which has been 3 days now, pphhfff. It 's for, hopefully, severe reflux inflammation in the esophagus.

How about other kinds of cream soups? Split pea or mushroom? Cream of wheat or malt-0-meal thinned down some? Or Just chicken or beef broth? Jello?

Texas,
if there are other soups he likes even vegetable, you can cook then puree them for him..Let's try to think of some of his favorite things we can put in a f/p or blender and get him to drink..He has to eat so he can keep up his strength..PM me if you want..
kadesma

Texas Girl. you get on that phone and tell them to fax the menus over right NOW! 3 days is ridiculous.

My suggestions are similar to everyone else's. Smoothies, soups in the blender, thinned out mashed potatos (potato soup) If you are making veggie soup, you can add a jar of meat baby food into the blender. Shoot you could add different meats to the potato soup.

Call that dr office and get them off their tail ends. Tell them not to make Half Baked come over there!

First thing is to get the Dr's office motivated to get you the information you need.

Butternut squash soup, carrot ginger soup, broc. & cheddar soup (pureed). Welsh Rarebit without the toast. Cream of chicken soup. Almost any soup can go in the blender. Does he like seasonings? You can make a big batch of cream of chicken - and flavor it different ways. Make the tomato feta soup that's posted here somewhere. It's important to make the food tasty.:-p

Egg nog is good, smoothies with lots of fruit - and make sure to use some of the "Bene-fiber" product so that you make sure that he's getting lots of fiber. It might be better if he has lots of smaller but more frequent meals. Jello, pudding, tapioca (made with fruit juice or milk), soft boiled eggs.

TG:

Lots of good ideas. Also, you might want to pick up some of the supplements such as Ensure, which is primarily for seniors to ensure they get complete nutrition. You can use one of those to make sure he can get the vitamins etc that he needs.

Wow, thanks everyone!! I knew you would come up with something for me. I am brainless right now and couldn't think of anything. Calling the dr. right now, LOL

Texas Girl,

Call one of your local hospitals (preferrably the one your husband received treatment at) and ask to be connected to one of their dieticians. Tell them what is happening and ask them for help/recipes. They are a great resource.

I just checked and the Ensure website, Ensure, has a big section of recipes using their product--most very liquid/soft. There's a tab on the homepage for recipes.

Sending lots of hugs to you, sweetie!

Texasgirl I would definitely call up the hospital and ask for a dieticians and tell her your problem. I am sure that can Fax the info over or if you do not have a Fax just take down notes.

texasgirl said:
Wow, thanks everyone!! I knew you would come up with something for me. I am brainless right now and couldn't think of anything. Calling the dr. right now, LOL

So what did the doctor or dietician say about a menu for your husband? I cant believe you've had to wait three days, thats outrageous.

how about something along the lines of a custard with less egg for a softer set. plenty of protein. and it needn't be sweet. you could add things like canned pumpkin filling and after baking top with sour cream. you could bake a dozen or two at a time and have them on hand, ready to go.

So many wonderful ideas!! Thanks for them!!

Amber, they said they didn't have a menu, just do's and don't like no caffeine, fried food, etc..
I will find something with all the advise I've gotten here.

TG - I certainly can't add to any of this great advice! Please forgive me if you know this - I'm just trying to thick ahead for you -

• be careful when pureeing these soups in the blender that you don't fill too much as the top tends to blow off
  • If the texture is still a bit too chunky put through a mesh strainer

I found out with my sister that the only people paying attention to her were us, her family. Don't feel bad about having to stay on top of anyone to get some answers. Hugs to you sweetie! Great big hugs to you!!!

4.gif

I appreciate everyones help. It is great to get ideas.
He's having trouble with swallowing cheddar cheese soup!! I don't understand how long they expect him to wait to get some kind of treatment!!!
Since Monday of last week, he has gone from 148 to 134 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom