Peppermint Bark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
DH and I made a batch of peppermint bark last night, and is it ever delicious! And so easy. All we did was melt white chocolate in the nuke, then stirred in a little bit of peppermint extract and the crushed peppermint candy. We dumped it out on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper, spread it out a little with a spoon, and put in the fridge to harden.
It will be put into small bags to go along with 1 lb. tins of chocolate fudge and cans of cocktail nuts for our friends.
The only hard part of making the bark is mashing up the candy. DH started out pounding it with the flat side of a meat mallet, but soon switched to the food processor, which made quick work out of it.

Constance said:
DH and I made a batch of peppermint bark last night, and is it ever delicious! And so easy. All we did was melt white chocolate in the nuke, then stirred in a little bit of peppermint extract and the crushed peppermint candy. We dumped it out on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper, spread it out a little with a spoon, and put in the fridge to harden.
It will be put into small bags to go along with 1 lb. tins of chocolate fudge and cans of cocktail nuts for our friends.
The only hard part of making the bark is mashing up the candy. DH started out pounding it with the flat side of a meat mallet, but soon switched to the food processor, which made quick work out of it.

OOO! That stuff is good! I saw some at the Bulk Barn at my city when I was picking up stuff for baking last night. I wanted to get some, but my mom said we're going home to bake, we don't need more.

I have tons of white chocolate chips left from my truffles, and I always have extracts. I'm 96% sure I have peppermint. :D

Constance, that sounds like what we make and it is delicious and very pretty too! It is a good recipe for little ones to help with, too. We make it at Valentines day, too. Sometimes we drop it in little circles like little pieces of candy!

Back
Top Bottom