Dinner Thursday December 21st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
Whats for dinner? I am making chicken stew with biscuits. This will probably be my last homemade evening meal for several days due to the holiday hub-bub.

Chops marinaded in olive oil, lemon juice and rosemary, potatoes in some style or other and a mixed salad. Mandarins for afters or just another glass of wine!

Think it will be ground beef goulash, cole slaw, and garlic bread. Something easy, Iam also busy! Great Procrastinator here ! :ohmy:

Last edited:
what`s known as a Full English Breakfast (aka, Heart Attack on a plate).

Lorne sausage, English sausage, Scotish sausage, Bacon, Black pudding, Fried bread, Fried mushrooms, Fried potato (like hash), baked beans.

it`s suposed to have a fried egg too but I flatly refuse to cook that.

What, no tomato or kidneys? Call that an English breakfast?

Mind you, I'd have a kipper any day.

I gotta be carefull with Tomatoes coz of the pips and Kidneys are BIG no-no, coz I have Gout :(

be certain, if things were Different....... :))

you`de be welcome to the port anyway, it`s not my kinda drink :)
as for Myth, no, it has some basis in Fact, although it`s largely down to the Yeast content and other congeners.
anyway, best not Hijack/Derail the thread :)

DH had some dental work today so we're having a soft, easy-to-chew dinner! Scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns and lightly toasted sourdough bread.

Probably takeout. I have to go to the new gym we've joined around dinnertime tonight to learn how to do all the machines in the weight room.

Going out hopefully for Mexican Food tonight. I'm taking the kids to see Charlotte's Web and refuse to cook that late.

i'm pooped, so i'm not cooking, that's for sure. just got back from tiffany's, much lighter in the wallet, which i kept telling myself is a good thing since it's a long walk to and from 5th avenue. i used to skate places in the city, but they won't let you in stores with skates on anymore. i still have to go to another mall on the way home, and then dw, my boy and i are going back to yet another mall tonight.

i really hoping dinner is not mall food. dw actually likes the chicken teryaki at a fast food japanese place, but it makes me gag. same goes for most of mall fast food. i might be able to choke down chick-fil-a, if i have to.

i hope tonight's mall has a real restaurant. if it's too hoity toity, i'll just give my son a lighter and have him chase the hostesses around. they are covered in so much makeup, hairspray, and tight flammable clothing that they run from flames in their giant heels like brides of frankenstein. mwahahahahaaaaaa.

Bucky, you are too funny. But I agree sometimes it looks like they put on their makeup with a putty knife.

For dinner I am having grilled steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, sauteed mushrooms to go on top of the steak, and broccoli.

Michelemarie said:
Alot going on today - in and out - pot roast in the crock pot served over buttered noodles with garlic green beans.

Mind if I join ya?:ROFLMAO:

As for now, not sure if I'll do the chops as per Snoop or if I'll wing it. Yesterdays beef and barley soup was over the top wonderful, if only my DH liked it to begin with, it's not one of his favorites but he did relent that it was good (or was that the garlicy garlic bread and his mom's recipe cole slaw that he 'really' thought was good? hum...:wacko:

Last edited:
Boiled peel and eat shrimp with cocktail sauce, butternut squash soup that I made a large batch of and froze a few weeks ago, and roasted fennel. I've been baking holiday treats all week, so I haven't been as focused on trying to cook creatively at dinner.

Back
Top Bottom