The Godfather of soul has died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was so sorry to hear about James Brown who was referred as "The Godfather Of Soul" had died at 73. I read in the Los Angeles Times this morning.

I was never a big fan of most of his music, but I did like "I feel good." That man sure could move!

:cool: Barbara

All of his mug shots were interesting, I'll say that. It makes me mad that he would hurt his wife, or anyone else. I pray that he set things right. :ermm:

My husband works in the music industry and a few years ago we were at a music showcase in Chicago. The record rep wanted to know if we wanted tix to see James Brown at the House of Blues and to go backstage and meet him. I said "**** no" and my husband didn't want to go either. The record rep could not believe we'd pass up to meet the "hardest working man in show business". I was never into him, his music was just OK IMHO. Plus he was a drug user, criminal and wife beater.

Is that where why we are getting all this wild weather in Colorado. They be dancin and grooving (okay, I know that dates me) in heaven and not paying attention to turning off the freezing fog and snow. :dizzy:

After the life he lived, it's amazing that he lived to be 73.

James Brown certainly had his problems...but they say you've gotta suffer before you sing the blues.

Heaven, in deed, be rockin tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom