Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Tues. Dec. 26 (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-tues-dec-26-a-30453.html)

Barb L. 12-26-2006 10:47 AM

Dinner Tues. Dec. 26

Easy relaxing dinner tonight -burgers on the grill, french onion soup, and derby pie for dessert !

YT2095 12-26-2006 10:54 AM

a simple Smorgosbord tonight, we both enjoy it, and I haven`t got to cook per se.
I already have all the Turkey carcas on the boil to make stock :)

yeah, you can probably guess what we`re having 2moro night :)

Alix 12-26-2006 11:15 AM

We're going on a Boxing Day sleigh ride. After we're done throwing each other off into snowbanks we're going to have a bonfire and roast hotdogs and marshmallows. If I get motherly I will pack a tray of veggies and dip to go along with us too. LOL.

Barb L. 12-26-2006 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix
We're going on a Boxing Day sleigh ride. After we're done throwing each other off into snowbanks we're going to have a bonfire and roast hotdogs and marshmallows. If I get motherly I will pack a tray of veggies and dip to go along with us too. LOL.

That sounds like so much fun ! Enjoy yourself !

Alix 12-26-2006 12:00 PM

Thanks! We will have fun. We have some room on the sleigh, wanna join us? I'll bring extra hotdogs and marshmallows for you.

VeraBlue 12-26-2006 12:52 PM

Christmas eve leftovers - linquini with clams, crab stuffed portobellos, new orleans bbq shirmp, cajun flounder, fried calmari, tuna calzones....

There's still tiramisu and strufoli left, too.

Nicholas Mosher 12-26-2006 01:27 PM

Since I didn't cook yesterday, I'm cookin' up a storm today. Have to make a bunch of things to eat this week, as work is going to be crazy having been off Sat-Tue.

Roasting a turkey breast for sanwiches.
Making a pot of golabkis for dinners.
Rustlin' up a pot o' chili to round out the menu.
Making some dressings to zest up my bag-o-lettuce lunches.

corazon 12-26-2006 01:39 PM

dh said something about going out for thai food tonight! whoa, he doesn't really like thai but we'll see how it pans out.

Either that or we'll be having green chile stew. yum.

PA Baker 12-26-2006 01:51 PM

Leftovers--we have so many! I think tonight it will be leftovers of the Christmas Eve pasta I made. Probably peppermint stick ice cream for dessert.

kadesma 12-26-2006 02:23 PM

We will be having french dip sandwiches with the left over prime rib, some sauteed mushroom,artichokes and galic mased potatoes..Too lazy today to fool about the kitchen except to maybe try out my new F/P so I'm just digging out the leftovers and that's it:lol: Even the dessert is a left over Sachre tort and chocolate bundt cake..each has two slices left! So we can pig out.
kadesma:ohmy:

SizzlininIN 12-26-2006 02:52 PM

Definetely leftovers.......I hate to see it all go to waste and I really want to regain the use of my refrigerator for other things.

Half Baked 12-26-2006 02:55 PM

Some kind of chicken, some kind of potato cakes, some kind of salad and some kind of green veg

Barb L. 12-26-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix
Thanks! We will have fun. We have some room on the sleigh, wanna join us? I'll bring extra hotdogs and marshmallows for you.

Would love to, -putting on my mittens now!

boufa06 12-26-2006 04:12 PM

After entertaining friends for lunch and stuffing ourselves with food and drink in the process, there was no dinner for DH and I.

amber 12-26-2006 04:35 PM

Since we had turkey for Christmas, we're using up the leftovers. So I made a turkey pie filled with vegetables in a white sauce, and some fries to go with it.

Barbara L 12-26-2006 04:57 PM

We're having scalloped potatoes with a few turkey dogs sliced into them. I usually bake my scalloped potatoes but am trying them in the slow-cooker tonight.

:wink: Barbara

shpj4 12-26-2006 06:23 PM

My girlfriend Sandy sent me hope with so many leftovers that I have enought food to fix at least two dinners.

kimbaby 12-26-2006 06:36 PM

chicken and dumplings and lima beans as a side dish...

BreezyCooking 12-26-2006 07:22 PM

After yesterday's richer than rich roast goose dinner (leftovers from that encoring tomorrow), tonight I just tossed together a couple of omelettes.

Michael in FtW 12-26-2006 07:26 PM

Christmas Eve leftovers - tamales, chili, rice and refried beans.

Since Christmas dinner was just me and my step-mom this year ... not a lot of leftovers - Roasted chicken with rice and crawfish stuffing, turnip greens, baked sweet potatoes, fried oysters, and conrbread.