Please help me! In search of American food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fulmy87

Assistant Cook
Hi, i'm an Italian girl, so sorry for my english. I'm looking for american food store online that can ship also in Italy. I found amazon.com but the shipping price is crazy. Please help me, because i love so much american food, even if everybody knows that the italian food is great. I don't like italian food so much.. heeeellllppp meeeee ppplllleeeaaassseee... Thanks answer me soon

Elena

I love for example drink mix like country time lemonade, or poptarts, or sliced bacon, salted butter, frozen waffles, marshmallows, guacamole.. This kind of food, you know???

you don't like italian food? *tztztz*
ask urmaniac, she lives in Rome, maybe she can help you with this...

here in G the big supermarkets have corners with foreign food.. and it's no problem to get salted butter, sliced bacon etc..

Last edited:
fulmy87 said:
Hi, i'm an Italian girl, so sorry for my english. I'm looking for american food store online that can ship also in Italy. I found amazon.com but the shipping price is crazy. Please help me, because i love so much american food, even if everybody knows that the italian food is great. I don't like italian food so much.. heeeellllppp meeeee ppplllleeeaaassseee... Thanks answer me soon

Elena

Ciao Elena!

Davvero non ti piacciono i cibi italiani??? Ma daiiiii ke ragazzina strana!!:LOL:
Ma x esempio cosa in particolare stai cercando? Si puo creare tanta cosa senza ordinare la roba dagli stati uniti.... Dimmi un po' di +!!

Ah, mi stava mancato il tuo secondo messaggio... guacamole ne faccio io senza problema!! C'è Lidl vicino a te? Loro vendono i waffle, non surgelati ma buoni lo stesso... si trova anche il burro salato, di Lurpak... se stai abbastanza vicina a Roma, dai un okkiata a Castroni!!

Last edited:
fulmy87 said:

Elena

You might try netgrocer.com. I believe they ship to Europe. Good luck.

Per esempio il bacon, non è lo stesso della pancetta, sono diverse.. Oppure non riesco a trovare quel burro salato cremoso da spalmare.Non trovo neanche la salsa guacamole, so che si può fare a casa, ma sono proprio pigra..poptarts, sono delle tartine che si riscaldano nel tostapane, e anche il country time lemonade, che è una limonata che non trovo qui. L'ho provata negli usa e non ne trovo di uguali.. Come faccio??

Elena, adesso devo uscire... ti mando un messaggio privato appena possibile. A presto!

urmaniac13 said:
Ciao Elena!

Davvero non ti piacciono i cibi italiani??? Ma daiiiii ke ragazzina strana!!:LOL:
Ma x esempio cosa in particolare stai cercando? Si puo creare tanta cosa senza ordinare la roba dagli stati uniti.... Dimmi un po' di +!!

Ah, mi stava mancato il tuo secondo messaggio... guacamole ne faccio io senza problema!! C'è Lidl vicino a te? Loro vendono i waffle, non surgelati ma buoni lo stesso... si trova anche il burro salato, di Lurpak... se stai abbastanza vicina a Roma, dai un okkiata a Castroni!!

Geez urmaniac - I was going to say the same thing! GMTA, huh? :mrgreen: Hope urmaniac helped you!

I live in Palermo and here there isn't Lidl..I hope i can find this food to Auchan..

urmaniac13 and fulmy87, I was enjoying your conversations. I did study the Italian Language in College. No one to talk to and am forgetting. This was bringing it back. Palermo is how far from Rome? How nice that you have met on this Forum. This is a grand site.

Aria said:
urmaniac13 and fulmy87, I was enjoying your conversations. I did study the Italian Language in College. No one to talk to and am forgetting. This was bringing it back. Palermo is how far from Rome? How nice that you have met on this Forum. This is a grand site.

I want to hear more - speak away. :chef:

Yea, go ahead and speak Italian, but give us some English translations. ROFL :) I can figure some of it out, cuz it is somewhat close to Espanol, BUT I don't know very much of that language either. :) If I was planning on moving to another country, I sure would learn the language. Would love to learn any language, but if I'm not going to use it on a daily or weekly basis, what's the use. Repitition is retension :)

The only place I can think of is Amazon.com ... HOWEVER, and I haven't researched this, maybe you will get better shipping rates from Canada and Canada would have similar items to our own. How would one go about researching that anyway? Wish I could be more help!!!

Sorry. I translated the same things I told you. Anyway thanx Gossie, I'm going to try this evening..Thanks

Since I have NO idea what Urmaniac's already told you ;-) I hope I'm not being repetitive here!

If you happen to have American troops holed up in Italy anywhere, their on-base stores usually have all the foods you mentioned. Obviously you'd have to find somebody who could get in and buy it for you, of course.

Pop Tarts ... brown sugar cinnamon ... yummmm! Oh lord, don't remind me!!! There are always certain things you just can't get, though -- I came back from my last trip to the States with two boxes of pop tarts and a box of grits. I was getting grits out of my socks for weeks because the box broke!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom