Keep your fingers crossed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candelbc

Senior Cook
My wife and I celebrated the birth of our first child on Monday, January 8th. A strong baby boy (Caleb Matthew) who was born at 8.4 pounds, and 20 inches.

The labor and delivery went outstanding. All along, Sarah was leaning towards an epidural, but wanted to hold out for as long as possible to keep the long needle as far from her back as possible. We arrived at the hospital at 10:00am, she was fully dialated at 1:30, and 20 minutes later we had Caleb in our arms.. I am so impressed that Sarah (All 120 pounds of her) were able to endure that kind of pain.. It was an amazing experience..

Anyways, Caleb started getting all sorts of love from the family right away, and he's been getting it ever since.

One of the nurses noticed a slight "wheeze" in his breathing, so they checked it out further. That evening, they started monitoring the oxygen level in his blood and found it to be lower than they would like. So he spend the night in the Special Care Nursery. The next morning, he got X-rays and blood tests that showed some concern of infection. So they have started him on Anti-bodies. Today we got good news that the levels in his blood have gone down, but not enough to take him home anytime in the next 5 days.. So Sarah and I will wait it out here at the hospital..

Please keep your fingers crossed, and your prayers open that Caleb will be getting better. I am sure everything will be fine, and my strong wife is doing great.

I'll try and get a picture posted soon. He's the cutest guy ever, and has a TON of hair..

-Brad

Congrats Brad!:cool:

You and caleb will be in my thoughts and prayers... can't wait to see some pics.:)

Been there. Done that. Tears in my eyes. Enjoy while they are so small. They grow up way too fast. Congratulations. What a joy! Isn't it wonderful to be part of bringing a new life into the world? I'm so happy for you both!!!

Brad,
congratulations on the birth of your sweet Caleb. He will have some special prayers and there are some for mommy and daddy as well.

kadesma

Congratulations to you and your wife. You have a lot to look forward to through the years.

Thank you all... I knew I would get the kind of prayers we need from this group. It's so much more of a family than any other forum I belong to...

I am off to get some more sleep in between feedings..

I will keep everyone posted..

-Brad

Is Sarah still a patient in the hospital. Caleb is one lucky kid! He has great parents.

May all my prayers shower you and your loved ones with blessings.

Congratulations to you Brad, and Sarah and little sweet Caleb!! My best wishes for his speedy, complete recovery, and also for many happy healthy years together to come!!:flowers:

Blood work came back better today, but he's still very fussy when he eats. Now they are starting to wonder if he's just bothered by the IV and all of the cords.

Here's my attempt at a picture:
full.asp

-Brad

Congrats on your new little one. I envy you. My babies are far from being babies anymore. It is such a wonderful priveledge to bring life into the world, and an incredible responsibility as well. It really makes you want to be the best you can be for your children. Having kids brings adulthood into full fruition more than any other single event, even more than does marriage.

Let the love and joy you feel permeate your family, now, and for all time. Build upon this event to grow the love you have for your prescious wife and son. You're going to love being a Dad. It's so much different than any other relationship you can possibly have. When your son looks up at you, trusting you to take care of him, your heart just grows from that trust. Im happy for you.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Congratz on the BIRTH OF BABY CALEB...
hope all is ok with him, keeping him in thoughts and prayers...

Awwwww - how sweet. Sending lots of love and prayers Caleb's way - Congratulations to the both of you for a job well done. I will keep Caleb in my prayers for a swift recovery so he can get home and sleep in his own bed.

all the best to small Caleb -

There will be hands to carry you
and arms that guard you
and people who show you without questioning
that you are welcome​

Da werden Hände sein,
die Dich tragen und Arme,
in denen Du sicher bist
und Menschen,
die Dir ohne Fragen zeigen,
dass Du willkommen bist.

How blessed little Caleb is to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy. My thought and prayers are with you, God Bless you all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom