Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What else do people put in their coffee? (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-else-do-people-put-in-their-coffee-31270.html)

Mel! 01-16-2007 03:30 AM

What else do people put in their coffee?
 
Hello everyone.

I recently had a thread, about nutmeg. Somebody said they put nutmeg and/or cinnamon, in their coffee. I tried it, and it was delicious. And it smelled so nice and Christmasy. Who cares, that it is no longer Christmas, it was good anyway.

Does anybody have any more cool coffee flavour ideas. I know i can buy a range of syrups, but I prefer to use more natural things, that I make myself.

Mel

Candocook 01-16-2007 04:18 AM

I put NOthing in my coffee, but a tip for those with cholesterol problems--cinnamon has been pretty well proven to lower cholesterol. So coffee and oatmeal are pretty good ways to do it.
Cinnamon flavored coffee can be made by just adding it to the grounds when brewing. Save yourself buying expensive flavored coffee.

Mel! 01-16-2007 06:36 AM

Hello Candocook

That is exactly what i did, yesterday.
I added the cinnimon, to the grinds, in the coffee filter.

Mel

pdilippa 01-16-2007 08:23 AM

I must say I like caramel in my coffee, or good old sugar. Got a sweet tooth when it comes to coffee. Can't drink it without milk though!! And I quite like a machiato (spelt correctly?? someone might tell me) with icecream. Yumm. I don't want to be ignorant but in Australia Nescafe make an instant coffee sachet with cinnamon. Its pretty good if you don't mind instant but you need to add a little more milk to make it delish.

Uncle Bob 01-16-2007 08:27 AM

I like chicory in my coffee...It comes with the coffee:wink:

Michelemarie 01-16-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candocook
I put NOthing in my coffee, but a tip for those with cholesterol problems--cinnamon has been pretty well proven to lower cholesterol. So coffee and oatmeal are pretty good ways to do it.
Cinnamon flavored coffee can be made by just adding it to the grounds when brewing. Save yourself buying expensive flavored coffee.

Great idea, I will try it tomorrow, thanks! Usually, I put a flavored creamer - fat free vanilla creme or hazelnut, just a splash.

mudbug 01-16-2007 04:08 PM

I want my coffee to taste like coffee. Just black, thanks, and no stuff that makes it taste like a milkshake.

PytnPlace 01-16-2007 04:36 PM

I like mine black and a couple times a month I go for a vanilla skim latte.

CharlieD 01-16-2007 04:58 PM

sweetened condenced milk is my favorite, and a lot of it.

Uncle Bob 01-16-2007 05:16 PM

Oh I just remembered...Not fond of flavored coffee...However if you haven't tried "home made" Irish cream by Michelemarie's TNT recipe you are missing a treat!!! Her recipe is posted here on DC somewhere...you'll find it and be glad you did!!

Please forgive me for intruding on your post but I thought I would post the link to Michelemarie's Irish Cream Recipe (kitchenelf)

mudbug 01-16-2007 05:23 PM

Well, Uncle Bob,it is finally getting colder here and I DO like MM so much, so I will have to find that recipe. I remember the one you/she are talking about.

Uncle Bob 01-16-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudbug
Well, Uncle Bob,it is finally getting colder here and I DO like MM so much, so I will have to find that recipe. I remember the one you/she are talking about.

Finally getting colder...you in the south too??

I'll tell you this...if you don't like the recipe...then their is something bad wrong with you...:lol:

mudbug 01-16-2007 05:31 PM

Not really the south - D.C. area: the one with all the southern efficiency and northern charm (thanks, JFK).

Hope they're ain't nothin' bad wrong with me, Uncle B. I will lie to you if I need to once I try MM's drink.

Michelemarie 01-16-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Oh I just remembered...Not fond of flavored coffee...However if you haven't tried "home made" Irish cream by Michelemarie's TNT recipe you are missing a treat!!! Her recipe is posted here on DC somewhere...you'll find it and be glad you did!!

Thanks Uncle Bob, you are my biggest fan:rolleyes: ! I am so glad that you liked it - it is definately good in coffee - I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me!

auntdot 01-16-2007 05:39 PM

Usually take it black but at Christmas time will add the store bought eggnog, the stuff in the carton.

Uncle Bob 01-16-2007 06:05 PM

Hey Mudbug....

You want have to lie....I garontee!!:wink:

Uncle Bob 01-16-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelemarie
Thanks Uncle Bob, you are my biggest fan:rolleyes: ! I am so glad that you liked it - it is definately good in coffee - I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me!

Aawww shucks mam...:blush: What can I say.....

PytnPlace 01-16-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntdot
Usually take it black but at Christmas time will add the store bought eggnog, the stuff in the carton.

Oh, that sound's good! Have to try that next year!

VeraBlue 01-16-2007 08:45 PM

I don't care for the syrups, they contain sugar and a whole slew of other unmentionables.

I've been known to drop a hershey's kiss in the cup...and that only helps to compliment the godiva liqueor or amaretto I've already dropped in.

I don't do that often, however. I'm more of a splenda and light cream kinda gal.

I do like Irish coffee....:ermm:

Dove 01-16-2007 09:24 PM

TNT Irish Cream
(MM's)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 tsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp butter flavoring
1 tsp vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pt half and half or whipping cream
1 - 1-1/2 c irish whiskey

In blender combine above and blend for at least a minute. Good on the rocks or in coffee.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.