Storing methods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Cuillo

Sous Chef
So I was inpatient and bought myself a knife set before Christmas. I was unable to make it to see my family up in CT this year so they sent my presents this week and in my box was another set of knives. How can I store these knives until I afford to go out to get either another wood block or magnetic strip? (I know the magnetic strips are only $5 but I literally have no money...I just started my new job and don't get paid until the 31st) I know not to let them just clank around in the drawer so what is another alternative? :unsure:

Do you plan on keeping both sets? Too many knives around gets annoying...I just got rid of two full sets because I just didn't need them for ANYTHING because I always used the good ones.

In any event...I'd store one set in the package they came in out of the way. If you've got a set right now, no point in having these other ones in the way.

I didn't plan on keeping them out, but I would like to keep them around in case of emergency. There are five that I have but I am only going to keep out my chef's, paring and bread knives (I buy bread that I cut myself), and then of course my kitchen shears. Can I wrap some dish cloths around each one individually until I can buy a magnetic holder? I already have a wood block but I would like to hang the ones I am not going to use in one of my cabinets. I don't want them to clank up against each other in a drawer. The reason I asked another way to store them is because we threw away the package they came in.:doh:

I store my extra knives in my diningroom cabinet drawer in a paper bag along with other tools that I dont use. I suppose I'll use them one day. Since yours are packaged, just keep them as they are.

You could flatten empty paper towel roll tubes to protect the knives.

Although, since your are only concerned about 11 days' time for storing the knives, just wrap them in some paper and put them in a secure place. You DID say payday was on the 31st, correct? It's not too far away. It's not like you're storing them for a lifetime.

Hi
We store our spare knives in a large jar on the worktop. We wrap the blades etc. in cloth and just leave them out that way if you ever do need them they are always to hand.

Katie E said:
You could flatten empty paper towel roll tubes to protect the knives.

Although, since your are only concerned about 11 days' time for storing the knives, just wrap them in some paper and put them in a secure place. You DID say payday was on the 31st, correct? It's not too far away. It's not like you're storing them for a lifetime.

Great ideal!! And you were correct about payday:)

Thank you everyone. I would hate for theses knives to get dull by just throwing them in a drawer. I appreciate all your help!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom