Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What's for dinner, Sunday, January 21, 2007? (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-for-dinner-sunday-january-21-2007-a-31478.html)

kitchenelf 01-21-2007 03:50 PM

What's for dinner, Sunday, January 21, 2007?

She Crab Soup, lettuce wedge with homemade ranch, bacon, tomatoes, and cucumber salad.

pdswife 01-21-2007 03:51 PM

pizza... homemade sauce but store bought crust.

lyndalou 01-21-2007 03:55 PM

Whole wheat pasta topped with a sauce made of toasted pistachio, arugula, shallot and Meyer Lemons

kitchenelf 01-21-2007 04:12 PM

lyndalou - I edited your post to read "toasted" pistachios versus "tasted" pistachios - unless you really did taste teach one, in which case I can change it back. :wink:

pdswife 01-21-2007 05:28 PM

Change of plans... I can't seem to find the pizza crust. So, we're having tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Lamb burgers tomorrow!

Flourgirl 01-21-2007 05:32 PM

Dinner is done here. We had steak fajitas made with marinated flank steak and homemade guacamole.

VeraBlue 01-21-2007 07:21 PM

Sunday is alwasy a bacchanalia here. There are leftovers from Saturday, plus I usually make two or three things on Sunday morning to get my son and I through the week.

Choices for today:

Ditalini with bolognese sauce
Chicken cutlets with broccoli rabe
Beef vegetable soup
Spaghetti with mussles in fra diavlo sauce
Tuna salad

And leftover from last night:

Stuffed mirliton
Creole shrimp with white rice

Bread pudding with whiskey sauce

Personally, I had the tuna on whole grain bread with a bowl of the soup.

PytnPlace 01-21-2007 07:32 PM

I roasted a turkey breast that I brined - it was perfect, tender and moist.

Claire 01-21-2007 08:12 PM

The dinner I planned for last night, but had last minute guest for drinks and never got around to dinner. Lamb done from a Czech recipe ... actually sort of like stroganof (sour cream). Hubby made pasta from scratch, and sauteed leeks as a side dish.

Uncle Bob 01-21-2007 08:22 PM

Chunky vegetable soup...and a ham samich!!

BreezyCooking 01-21-2007 08:30 PM

For tonight I made a big casserole of baked Ziti (ziti, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, seasoned bread crumbs, + a jar of Barilla pasta sauce.). Served with a mixed green salad. Good, easy, filling, & perfect for an evening of all-day snow/sleet.

Nicholas Mosher 01-21-2007 08:44 PM

Made a saucier of soup. Chicken stock, chicken breast, garlic, shallot, sauvignon blanc, zuchinni, roma tomaters, little semi di melone pasta, baby spinach, black pepper, kosher salt, drizzled with EVOO, and sprinkled with grated pecorino romano. Had a nice hunk of warm baguette I just picked up with it, and a hunk of Hershey's Cacao reserve bar with the cacao nibs.

https://mysite.verizon.net/nicholasmosher/soup01.jpg

kadesma 01-21-2007 08:58 PM

Dinner was at my daughters today for Olivias birthday..We had artichoke-spinach dip and chips, 7-layer dip and chips, salsa, an antipasto tray Proscuitto and provolone tortellini with alfredo sauce, linguine with my homemade meat sauce, tossed green salad with dried cranberries,chopped and toasted walnuts,feta cheese,Italian bread and butter and a girly girly birthday cake shaped like the number one and decorated with flowers, in pastels, the cake was a marbeled one with chocolate mouse center and european icing. Our little girl, dug in and was soon covered in cake and smiling from ear to ear..When she had had enough she let me know with a big wet rasberry, so now I too have cake in unexpected places:lol:
kadesma

pdswife 01-21-2007 09:45 PM

Sounds like a fun dinner Kadesma! Happy memories and happy tummies.

amber 01-21-2007 09:55 PM

Kitchenelf, what is "she crab soup" specifically the "she" part because I know what crab soup is.

We had ziti with pasta sauce (red sauce) with steak cooked in the sauce.

BreezyCooking 01-21-2007 10:24 PM

Around this neck of the woods, "She-Crab Soup" is made from female Blue-Claw Crabs & specifically includes the roe of the female crabs.

amber 01-21-2007 10:33 PM

Thanks Breezy, I learned something new. Can one use male crab claws in soups as well or is the female prefered?

SierraCook 01-22-2007 01:16 AM

Ribbon meatloaf (this meatloaf has a layer of cheese and bread between the meat layers), spinach sauteed in olive oil with garlic, and rice pilaf. The best thing is now I have meatloaf for sandwiches this week. :cool:

lulu 01-22-2007 03:03 AM

We had pizza, we bought the base but its different here, you buy the base alive and rising in a tub! We had marinated turkey on it.

FraidKnot 01-22-2007 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
Around this neck of the woods, "She-Crab Soup" is made from female Blue-Claw Crabs & specifically includes the roe of the female crabs.

Absotively... but it's difficult if you have to buy the crabs in a grocery store.

Fraidy