How many different frying pans do you own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgan10

Assistant Cook
I want to see if I am the only one that has a rediculous number of frying pans. I have about 10 different sized frying pans. Is that overkill? hah I hope not. :huh:

I probably have that many at least. Several cast iron, 3 graduated sizes from my "set", several small diameter for individual omelettes/sauteeing, and 3 or 4 "extra" types--very large,etc.

I have eight. One stainless, two cast iron. The others are nonsticks. They serve their purposes, some I use constantly, others seldom. Two are deep and the others are saute. They are all of different sizes from 8" to 12" and don't try to take any one of them away.

I have a small cast iron, a large cast iron, a 16-inch Calphalon One, a 10 inch s/s and a 10 inch teflon coated s/s. My local Le Gourmet Chef is closing, so I am waiting until the last minute to buy a 12 inch s/s and an 8-inch s/s when the clearance price bottoms out.

Several non stick of varying sizes, 2 cast iron, one stainless steel... about 12 total. I hardly use the SS.... it's a shame, just have not perfected my cooking technique with it yet.

2x12" Non-stick (although one is almost never used)
1x10" non-stick (RIP #2 just today - rust spots in it)
1x8" non-stick
1x12" Calphalon Commercial (not non-stick) everyday pan
1x11" Wolfgang Puck S/S chicken fryer (aka saute pan)
1x10"'ish non-stick saute pan that came with my pots (which are S/S...figure that out)

I'll be picking up a 10" S/S Wolfgang today because of the demise of the second 10" non-stick. Just the excuse I needed.

Omigosh!!:ohmy: I just counted 21! We have all sizes of stainless steel, cast-iron, Teflon-coated, Calphalon, you name it. Some get used ALL the time. Others must feel like orphans, but they have their place and do get used when the dish requires. Some of them are well over 30 years old. I could say a couple are nearing 40 and just about all of them look and perform like the day they were made. Love all our cooking toys!;)

Last edited:
Hmmm - just off the top of my pointy little head:

1 large fairly shallow non-stick
1 medium-sized deep non-stick with glass cover
2 medium-sized shallow non-sticks (great for omelettes)
1 small shallow non-stick
1 large stainless steel with cover
2 medium stainless steel with covers
1 small stainless steel
1 bowl/wok-type non-stick stainless steel
1 medium cast-iron grill pan
1 large regular cast-iron frying pan

Gosh - it never ocurred to me that I have at least 12 of the little devils!!

I have 9. Three cast iron, 2 Farberware (from the 70's), 1 cuisinart, 2 for flipping omelets, and one with that non-stick finish that I don't use.

I don't think 10 is overkill if you actually use them all.

believe it or not, what we call a frying pan (with sloped sides) is a saute pan, and what we call asaute pan (with vertical sides) is a frying pan. However, all things being equal, I have 14, plus 4 of the other! I'd say go get yourself some more!

9" Wagner, 10" Wagner & 11-1/4" Griswold cast iron. 8" & 12" old style Farberware. 10" no-name non-stick. Plus my favorite 9-1/2" carbon steel pan that I use for eggs. That's seven.

I have 3 large 12", 2 medium size and 2 small. I use my non-stick Dutch oven as a frying pan if I have a large amount to cook. All of my frying pans are non-stick.:)

Goodness me! I've been known to use any pan that's wide enough as a frying pan on occasion. I own 3 American-style frying pans, and two European-style "saute" pans. I was thinking just today that's probably too many, but after reading everything here, I've changed my mind!

Back
Top Bottom