Valentine's Day Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
We'd had a dessert thread about Valentine's awhile ago, but I'm sure there are some delicious meals being planned for V-day, too.

We'll actually have our dinner next weekend, when I can take more time to cook and he can watch the little one. I'm making DH's favorite--brisket. He used to find excuses to have business lunches at this one restaurant because it made the most wonderful brisket. It closed about 2 years ago and he still talks about that brisket!:LOL: I'm going to use GB's recipe and see if I can get close to replicating what he remembers. I'll make roasted red potatoes and green beans with almonds as well.

For dessert I was planning on making chocolate chile souffles but he has requested apple crisp, again. I guess I should take it as a compliment!

What are you making???

:(No special dinner for me this year. It's usually too difficult for Lou and I to get together during the week. 200 miles is hard to do for just a few hours. Normally, we'd celebrate the week before or after...so perhaps I'll be celebrating this weekend. Can't do it next weekend because we'll be in New Orleans!!!!
I love the idea of your original dessert. There is a restaurant in Philly that is serving a 4 course dinner on Wednesday and every course had chocolate in it. First course was a civiche, and I wonder about the chocolate there.. The third course is a mole with chocolate and chipotle and beef which sounded wonderful and seems like it would be reminicent of your dessert.
Enjoy your dinner!

Back
Top Bottom