Its The End of THe World As We Know it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Is this the end? Do we know whats going on? The end of the Mayan calander is 2012. There are odd sightings of UFOs. The weather is crazy. There are many deaths from natural disasters. The world is at war. Fois Gras is banned in Chicago and Nosetradamus has a load of bad stuff in the future.
Anyone listen to Coast to Coast on the AM band?

Oh I was hoping you meant the song "it's the end of the world as we know it", but I feel fine :LOL:

Sushi!!

Come on, buddy - step AWAY from the ledge! Its going to be ok. Let's go find you a nice redhead.... :brows:

John

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Is this the end? Do we know whats going on? The end of the Mayan calander is 2012. There are odd sightings of UFOs. The weather is crazy. There are many deaths from natural disasters. The world is at war. Fois Gras is banned in Chicago and Nosetradamus has a load of bad stuff in the future.
Anyone listen to Coast to Coast on the AM band?

Ok, I'm more of an optimist..so with that in mind here are some explanations.

I claim to know nothing about the Mayan calendar, but I doubt the world will end in 2012.

Sitings of UFO's , come on now.

Weather is crazy because it's an El Nino year ( thought there may be other factors with weather that I do not discount)

Many deaths from natural disasters, well, yea, thats the nature of weather.

Yep, there will always be wars, always has been

Fois gras banned :LOL:

Nostredamus was too philosophical :LOL: and probably under the influence of something at that era ;)

AM? Whats that? :ROFLMAO:

ambuh, check out the mayan long count calendar on the web. interesting stuff.

sush, the mayan calendar, or long count calendar has been interpreted to "end" in december 2012, around the 21st or 23rd.

actually, it's only a mathematical computation where the cycle returns to "zero", for lack of a better term.

there is, as so far has been theorized, no apocolyptic forecasts from mayan ruins. no one really knows why they just stopped predicting the future (which a calendar was, back in the day).

as far as nostradamus goes: after you finally meet your redhead, i will be able to have interpreted elfie's recipes to show that it was destiny.

she's some cook, huh?

ronjohn55 said:
Sushi!!

Come on, buddy - step AWAY from the ledge! Its going to be ok. Let's go find you a nice redhead.... :brows:

John

Better break out the big guns and some how coax Katherine McPhee over to his place.....;)

Tin foil hats here.
Get your tin foil hats.
one for $5 or 3 for $10.
Get em while they last
;)

(I am just messin with ya sush. I love ya buddy)

It's The End of the World As We Know it (and I Feel Fine)

REM

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn - world serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs.
Feed it off an aux speak, grunt, no, strength, Ladder start to clatter with fear fight down height.
Wire in a fire, representing seven games, a government for hire and a combat site.
Left of west and coming in a hurry with the furies breathing down your neck.
Team by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.
Look at that low playing! Fine, then.
Uh oh, overflow, population, common food, but it'll do.
Save yourself, serve yourself.
World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and the revered and the right, right.
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty psyched.
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign towers.
Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn.
Locking in, uniforming, book burning, blood letting.
Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.
Light a candle, light a votive. Step down, step down.
Watch your heel crush, crushed, uh-oh, this means no fear cavalier.
Renegade steer clear!
A tournament, tournament, a tournament of lies.
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
The other night I dreamt of knives, continental drift divide.
Mountains sit in a line, Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.
Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom!
You symbiotic, patriotic, slam book neck, right? Right.
It's the end of the world as we know it. can't I have some time alone?
It's the end of the world as we know it can't I have some time alone? and I feel fine...fine... It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it. can't I have some time alone?
It's the end of the world as we know it can't I have some time alone? and I feel fine...fine...

Deadly, you and my DH need to get together! He's a Coast to Coast fan. Listens every night in bed with headphones on while I read. Not sure if he's convinced but I just trust God so will take whatever comes.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
The end of the Mayan calander is 2012.

From what I remember our guide at Chichen Itza telling us about this....and Alix may have a better recollection of it....is that there is no 'end of the word' prediction per se....but rather a kind of 'end of an era' thing going on...where major changes are on the way....be they environmental or whatever.

Oh, yeah...and all the cheap "Mayan" souvenirs will double in price. ;)

Thats pretty much how I remember it too Ken. He was saying that it isn't some kind of Doomsday prediction, but rather an end to a cycle. That would be when they start building newer and bigger and better pyramids to the gods etc. The prediction is for major change in the coming cycle. As I recall our guide went off on a personal tangent regarding climate change and water preservation.

Back
Top Bottom