What's for dinner, Saturday, February 10, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I need inspiration on the meal front for tonight.
Need to bring my mother over here, let her play with my doggies, watch me vaccuum or whatever, have a glass of wine, her not me, and come up with a meal worthwhile, < in her mind anyway. Unfortunately, not much of that left so I must work especially hard. I do have that frozen meatloaf that I can turn into either tacos or chili, or the 40 clove garlic baked chicken sounds superb to me too. Many frozen good sized rib eyes in the freezer too. But mom adores barbecued ribs so I may have to hit the market.

Stay warm wherever you are and a blessed day to all....

Now please, inspire me:mellow:

We are making pizzas tonight!

Mine is artichoke hearts, black olives and sauteed red peppers.

The boy is having prosciutto, mushrooms, pepperoni and might steal some of my red peppers!

Bourbon...Knob Creek..Kentucky
Fried Catfish...Mississippi pond raised
Sweet Potato fries...Mississippi
Hush Puppies... Home made..Tennessee cornmeal
Cabbage Slaw....?
Pecan Pie....Home made..my puh-cons...

I am trying to do something imaginative with minced turkey....turkey ragu? somthing like that anyway!

Edited to add: I have done the turkey mince, in a pan wih a whole load vegetables and a can of tomato and anchovies, etc etc and put in a dish topped with sliced potato. Smells good and is very similar to something I did with beef minced that DH loved!

Last edited:
French dip sandwiches w/provalone, oven fries, and cole slaw. Hope to make a Derby Pie - (Watching two yr.old Grandson !)

We are going to scrape all the snow off the grill cover and then fire it up.

Grilled t-bones tonight with homeade caesar salad, Zingerman's parmesan peppercorn bread, red wine and brownies with ice cream for dessert.

redkitty said:
We are making pizzas tonight!

Mine is artichoke hearts, black olives and sauteed red peppers.

The boy is having prosciutto, mushrooms, pepperoni and might steal some of my red peppers!

Us too! ;)
For us it is zuchinni, red peppers, mushrooms and fresh mozz. on wholewheat crusts.

I have no idea. Paul has that nasty cold that's going around and everything I mention sounds bad to him....

I don't know. I'm in a mood for breakfast for dinner.
Maybe some hashbrowns with onion, sausage or bacon
and some eggs.

chicken parm!

i pounded, breaded and fried the the breasts the other day. just have to add sauce and cheese and toss it in the oven.

i think i eat chicken parm just about once a week. same goes for sushi.

Rob Roys for cocktails.

Salad with boston lettuce and lemon goat cheese rillettes that have been breaded and fried.

Dinner is floured turbot sauteed in butter with shallots and lemon and white wine. The fillets will be served with sweet potato hash and grilled mushrooms.

I've got a mascarpone pound cake in the oven right now...calling my name...

We have zinfindel for dinner.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Still have not made it to the store today, so we will go to Panera to pick up something for dinner.

I hope they have some good soup tonight.

VeraBlue said:
Rob Roys for cocktails.

Salad with boston lettuce and lemon goat cheese rillettes that have been breaded and fried.

Dinner is floured turbot sauteed in butter with shallots and lemon and white wine. The fillets will be served with sweet potato hash and grilled mushrooms.

I've got a mascarpone pound cake in the oven right now...calling my name...

We have zinfindel for dinner.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Your dinner sounds wonderful!

My son is sick so he wants a simple chicken soup - so he is getting it! It's almost done - just have to debone the chicken. I think I will put a tad of lemongrass in it though and for the noodles/slippery dumplings I will make them with fresh lemon juice and some fresh black pepper - that should brighten it up a bit.

Then grilled ham and mozz. cheese sandwiches.

a meal with chix. probably cooking later. skimming my stock & waiting 'till that's cooked to decide. either set that stock aside & cook chix tacos with my leftover, uncooked chix, or chili.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom