Seeking Financial "Direction"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
I have a 2007 tax question. I like filing my taxes on the even years because I get to claim my daughter. :) However on the odd years, I my ex gets to claim her. When I claim her, I usually break even or get a refund, which is usually invest wisely. But, I have tried using the IRS calculator to "forecast" the exemptions I should claim so I don't have to pay. Even though I don't get to claim her, I still can list her as a dependent and claim the daycare I paid. Does anyone know of any online calculators that would assist in figuring what my 2007 tax will be? Or a formula? I can crunch numbers well being in banking, but unfortunately don't understand a lot about taxes to know which numbers to check. I need to educate myself on how that is figured. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

The only thing that I can recommend is to get one of the Tax Books with a CD and do your taxes on line. One is called Turbo Tax and I have heard that it is quite easy.

I am thinking about using one this year instead of going to H&R Block like I did last year.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom