Newb from Indy, checking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midas Wellby

Assistant Cook
Hello group!

My name is Justin, 31, from Indy.

While surfing around the web for a steak rub, I landed on a thread in which GB provided a rub that I ended up trying. It was fantastic, and I wanted to thank that user for their suggestion...butr couldnt PM them without registering, naturally. So I figured I would sign up, Thank GB, and hang out here for while and try to learn some things.

I usually hang out in forums that involve areas of interest where I can provide others with information. This is the first time where I know nothing, and am a complete rookie. I look forward to learning a few things here, and once I become a little more familiar with the place, Will begin joining discussions and asking questions.

Thanks!

Justin

Thanks everyone!

I noticed quite the infulx of new members here in the last few days before I joined, and a few the same day, so i didnt expect much of a reply! Thank for the warm welcome, Cant wait to get my feet wet.....And hello SizzlininIN! I figured I couldnt be the only hoosier in here :)

Welcome Justin! I am so happy you like the rub. I love that stuff so much I could almost eat it with a spoon ;)

Before you know it you will be giving out advice here like the most seasoned (yes the bad pun was intended) pro.

Hey Justin! Welcome!!

Dont worry - GB's not going anywhere - we won't let him ever leave!
(well, that, and he's an admin!)

It's great to have you here!:chef:

http://to all of the new comers. Sorry I'm taking the lazy way out and not naming everyone but it just proves what a good site this is that it grows steadily every day.
I do hope you all enjoy yourselves. I am constantly heartwarmed by everyone's kindness, humour, care and helpfulness.:)

GB said:
Welcome Justin! I am so happy you like the rub. I love that stuff so much I could almost eat it with a spoon ;)

Before you know it you will be giving out advice here like the most seasoned (yes the bad pun was intended) pro.

Okay.... whats the rub GB or do I have to sift through your 11,742 post to find it ;)

Twist my arm Sizz ;)

2 parts fresh ground black pepper
2 parts lemon pepper
2 parts cayenne pepper
2 parts chili powder
2 parts dry mustard
2 parts light brown sugar
1 part tsp garlic powder
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Thanks again everyone for th warm welcome! I cant wait to get my feet wet aroundhere. I work in racing, and am in a hectic part of the season right now (off season that is), and am finding it hard to find time to pop in here. But i havent forgotten about it, and am lookinf forward to mor regular visits!

Justin

GB said:
Twist my arm Sizz ;)

2 parts fresh ground black pepper
2 parts lemon pepper
2 parts cayenne pepper
2 parts chili powder
2 parts dry mustard
2 parts light brown sugar
1 part tsp garlic powder
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Thanks GB....sounds wonderful!

SizzlininIN said:
Thanks GB....sounds wonderful!

It IS~! My cooking knowledge is minimal, and it was very easy to do and tasted great. I was only missing one ingredient, but improvised a little and it was outstanding. I will track down the missing ingredient and try again the way GB wrote it above.

Back
Top Bottom