Too much garlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodgiver

Senior Cook
I have this problem and thank God I can come here for a solution. I made a 3 # meat loaf and accidently put in to much garlic powder a whole lot to much. What can I do with it so I do not have to throw it out?

is there such thing as TOO Much garlic??? :))

actualy it`s a pity it`s in such a food, often longer cooking will mellow garlic quite well, in your dish it would just go dry and ... well inedible.

could you make a Really Strong Parsley sauce to go with it? that does tend to Counter Garlic quite nicely :)

EDIT: if you haven`t Already cooked it, you can add Plenty parsley Now.

Last edited:
I think you have what you have. If you haven't cooked it, you could make some more mix to dilute it out a bit.

Maybe break it up and add some unseasoned ground beef then use it for things like quesadillas or Shepard's (sorry, cottage if you are keeping score) Pie.

I was thinking the same as GB. Cutting it up into something with a sauce might help (spaghetti, etc.).

LOL You brought back memories of a meal I had as a teen. A neighbor invited my sister and me over for dinner. I'm not sure if they were checking to see if we were vampires or what, but there was SO much garlic in the spaghetti that it was inedible. Of course we ate it because we were polite kids and good guests. Normally I agree that you can't have too much garlic, but this definitely had too much! No matter how many showers we took my sister and I stank for at least 3 days. Strong garlic oozed out of our pores! I'm surprised that I wasn't turned off of garlic from that experience, but I guess since it was so strong it didn't really even taste like garlic, it was just bitter. So true garlic flavor is still one of my favorites.

:) Barbara

Miss Barbara...

I believe you and everyone else here has given good advice ..the only thing I could think of is smother it in ketchup or cream of mushroom soup and have a big glass of tea sitting close by.:LOL:

I did wanna comment on you smelling like garlic for 2 or 3 days..My d/w says that during Vidalia onion season I smell like an onion...I suppose because I eat them so often...and when I eat them...I eat them...Know what I mean?
I also eat my share of garlic...I suppose that's why we've never had a problem with vampires, werwolfs, etc..... Ghost yes..all the time..guess they can't smell...;)

Just a suggestion, for the future.

When I add any spice or flavoring to a dish, I first put it into somethng.

Sometimes a spoon, most often my hand.

That way I control the amount of spice, etc. that goes into the dish.

Leaned that lesson the hard way a few too many times.

Now if I hiccup when pouring the salt, or the top comes off the can of the garlic powder, the stuff lands in my hand and not the dish I have been working on for hours.

Just the way I do things. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom