I am ready to throw my...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
stove off a bridge!

I'm looking for a new gas range WITH OUT all the digital crap on the back panel taking up precious real estate. I want to be able to have more than 1 skillet/pot on the stove at one time. And all 4 burners should be the same BTU's.

I'm cooking on a 3yr old Frigidaire (50's styling) range. It has 2 regular burners on the left a high power burner front right and a simmer right rear.

So if I have a 12" skillet (or a stock pot) on one burner, I can only use the diagonal burner. This means I can either burn one pan, or use the simmer burner. (ever try searing with a candle?) The only size that will fit on the same side would be a very small sauce pan/1 qt pot.

Either way, I can only fit 2 pans on the thing at once. So I have to wait for one thing to be done, then start another.:angry:

My stove has your burner setup, but at least I can fit more than one good sized pot/pan on it. It did take a while getting used to the burner differences, but for boiling water I definitely like the high output burner.
The thing I can't stand is the bottom broiler location. I had a double oven before (previous house) and the broiler was right above the burners. I hardly ever cook anything now that has to go in a broiler.

what you need is a 36 inch range or cooktop...5 or 6 good sized burners. I have felt as you for years, and this year went all out and got a Wolf 36" range. I will be paying for it for some time, but enjoying it every day and really cooking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom