Dinner, Thurs. March 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been influenced by the picture of the pie crust in the ad at the top of this page, and then the next picture has lemon wedges........
well I just popped in the oven a lemon meringue pie, think it will turn out pretty good, used the recipes from the newish Joy of Cooking.

Have pork chops thawing, thinking about Kadesma's onion sauce 'n chops, with sweet potatoes and broccoli.

Cris is going near Campania region, where good quality fresh bufala (buffalo mozzarella) are produced today. He will bring back a big batch, so I got some nice plump tomatoes, fresh basil ready, we will feast on Insalata Caprese:-p

mmm ... insalata caprese. Sounds wonderful!

Last night I picked up some pork and frozen "asian-style" veggies and we're having stir-fry pork. I'll also add in onions and garlic and soy sauce and probably top it over rice. This is one of my daughter's favorite dinners.

Well I have finally decided, - Chicken taco's and refried beans topped with grated cheese. Might make a yellow cake with cream cheese frosting.

It's been so beautiful and sunny here, we are going to grill tonight..I've a mac salad going, a fruit salad with honey and lime, then it will be hot dogs with the works, and a pot of beans with bacon...dessert is ice cream sundaes all fixed and in the freezer, all they need will be the whipped cream on top:LOL:

kadesma

Scrap that: DH wants steak, so we are having steak, corgettes and stewed tomato.

Paul's brother is visiting... we're taking him out but I'm not sure where yet. My votes in for sushi!!

I'm working tonight so I have to leave dinner for the kiddos and Ken. I'm leaning toward something taco like or spaghetti like. Its easy to heat up whenever they are ready to eat.

I personally am craving MEAT! And I don't mean chicken or pork. We had steaks the other day and I was in seventh heaven. I want the biggest juiciest slab of prime rib slapped on my plate. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Sadly, I will probably get leftover surprise at work and be forced to eat my "oh crap" meal of Mr Noodle bowl. Sigh.

Tonight was my night of no cooking. I had some yummy gorgonzola & walnut tortellini's with butternut squash & sage sauce. Very tasty and now I have pasta coma....

Well the spaghetti sauce is simmering on the stove. It smells so good I may have to have some before I leave for work! Then I'll have to get some gum to combat the garlic.

We are at our house in the desert for the annual Invitational golf tournament. My son is playing with his dad - so the next few nights is club food. which is a good thing as Martha would say. Right now I'm having a bowl of their "signature soup" Gazpacho - soooooo good.

urmaniac13 said:
Cris is going near Campania region, where good quality fresh bufala (buffalo mozzarella) are produced today. He will bring back a big batch, so I got some nice plump tomatoes, fresh basil ready, we will feast on Insalata Caprese:-p

Licia, I'd give anything to be eating with you guys tonight--Insalata Caprese is my absolute favorite!

we had to do a Costco run today because we were almost out of diapers and wipes:ohmy: so I picked up one of their rotisserie chickens. They always smell so good and really are pretty tasty! We'll eat it as is tonight with some sauteed veggies and rice and then use rest of it as the base for something else this weekend.

Hot roast beef sandwhiches with lots of gravy, leftover yorkshire puddings, green beans, sweet potatoes, snap peas. Can you tell it's clean out the fridge night???:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom