Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Supper : Monday 12th March. (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/supper-monday-12th-march-33218.html)

lulu 03-12-2007 03:54 AM

Supper : Monday 12th March.

Well we shellfished ourselves silly the last two nights and DH said we need some meat, so I am going to roast a chicken infused with some fresh orange tonight. We'll have some buttered white cabbage and roasted carrots too, its mid week and I am loathe to over eat so no roasted potatos but I will ofcourse make a sauce with the chicken and orange juices. :chef:

Loprraine 03-12-2007 06:07 AM

We're having sole, baby bok choy, not sure what else, maybe rice.

lyndalou 03-12-2007 06:43 AM

We are having a frittata with pancetta, gorgonzola and chives. A fresh, tossed spring salad on the side.

VickiQ 03-12-2007 07:01 AM

I'm making corned beef and cabbage-with potatoes and carrots and irish soda bread. This was requested by my son because Jimmy and I are going to our friend's house on Sat to celebrate.I'm notin the modd to do this but, if I keep reminding myself it's for Dennis it will be ok. Love and energy, Vicki

crewsk 03-12-2007 07:28 AM

I'm making mini corndogs tonight since the kids have been asking for them. I don't know what we'll have with them, probably french fries.

YT2095 03-12-2007 07:40 AM

I`m making a Steak and Mushroom pie, I`ve already made the filling for it, now I`m faced with having to make Pastry!:ohmy:

I can make Bread dough and biscuit pastry without a thought, but non are really ideal for my "Vision" of this pie:sad:
and the old Mashed potatoe topping (cheat mode) isn`t gunna cut it either.

I have absolutely NO pastry experience beyond shop bought frozen stuff, and I don`t fancy a walk out today, I think it`s time for some DC Surfing!:rolleyes:

PytnPlace 03-12-2007 10:06 AM

I'm making baby back ribs and baked chicken. Not sure about sides. I often have to do two main dishes and a selection of sides when DH is here cuz he is so picky!!

Alix 03-12-2007 10:46 AM

We are going to MIL's for dinner tonight. No idea what we will have but I'm guessing a roast chicken. I'm going to prep that lasagna and we will have it whenever we next eat at home! LOL.

pdswife 03-12-2007 11:32 AM

Chicken noodle soup. All I have to do now is boil the noodles. Boy it smells good!

Robo410 03-12-2007 12:17 PM

made a pot of bean soup yesterday with a fine ham bone, and all the usuals. will sautee some kale and add to it before munching down tonight for a one dish meal with some crusty bread and evoo.

Katie H 03-12-2007 12:24 PM

Tonight's raid the fridge/pantry night since it's Buck's night for his Lions Club dinner meeting. I'll have to see what's made its way to the back of the shelves in the refrigerator. I always hate it when something previously really yummy becomes a UFO...unidentified food object.

CassiesKitchen 03-12-2007 12:46 PM

I'm having Foul Medames since I'm eating alone this evening. My beau is working until late and this is the only time I can enjoy it.

lulu 03-12-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassiesKitchen
I'm having Foul Medames since I'm eating alone this evening. My beau is working until late and this is the only time I can enjoy it.

oooh that sounds good! :smile:

JoAnn L. 03-12-2007 01:26 PM

Vidalia onion burgers, leftover potato casserole and baked beans. Butterscotch pudding for dessert.

kadesma 03-12-2007 01:39 PM

DH asked for some veal stew, which is now in progress, The rest of us are having med sized shrimp, tossed in a baking dish with lots of garlic, butter,wine and a great deal of several ground pepper, red and black.Then we will put this over rice..Artichokes each, tossed green salad, warm buttered french bread..made a mud pie for dessert:wink:
kadesma

JohnL 03-12-2007 01:55 PM

Going to the grocery store tonight to pick up some necessities, so who knows what I'll come home with:rolleyes: Dad called and said he made a huge pot of kale with ham hocks, so I'll probably stop at his house and take a big ole bowl home with me. Also starting a loaf of bread to bake for tommorow and will make chicken salad for my daughter to take to work this week.

YT2095 03-12-2007 02:14 PM

well that`s it now, I`m commited, the Pie is in and cooking now.

I`ve No idea what it`ll turn out like, but it will be "Edible" in the strictest sense of the word (non Toxic).

anything beyond this will be a pleasant surprise :)

Uncle Bob 03-12-2007 03:22 PM

Appetizer...Bourbon
Entree......Grilled P-Chops
Side........ Steamed Cabbage
Side........Baked Beans Ala Uncle Bob
Dessert.....Bourbon

:chef:

crewsk 03-12-2007 03:26 PM

I'll join you for an appetizer & dessert Uncle Bob!:smile:

middie 03-12-2007 03:48 PM

Pork patty sandwiches and french fries more than likely.