Hard to ask.....dentist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
Have any of you had many teeth removed at once. I ahH!!!! I hate this. Im so stressed over it. Question is should I try to save the teeth or just get them pulled and be done with it? Cost wise...pain wise.....I just want to crawl in a hole and ignore all of it.

Are partials a pain in the neck?:(

:) Depends on whats wrong with your teeth.I spent alot of time and money at the dentist in my early thirties to get my teeth where they should be including root canals,a couple of bridges etc in which they did pull a couple of teeth.They were in pretty good shape but as you get older:ermm:

Thats what im worried about. Would I just be spending my money on something not worth it. My dentist says the bone is deteriating.....sp bad today......and it hurts but im scared to go get my darn teeth pulled...I mean ill look different and everything

:) Hard so say but if your teeth are falling apart not much else you can do but you should up your vitamin C intake it will help get your gums healthy,gum disease is actually a mild form of scurvy.
Another thing to consider is going to a good dentist in Mexico as they train in the USA but are much cheaper .Ive heard of older people going there to get the whole shebang teeth pulled and dentures.Another option is to pull the bad ones and then get dental implants however that is expensive but the implants last forever.Also consider taking some calcium to may help strengthen the teeth that are still good.
These are just some things to look into and just my humble opinion.

He wants to pull em. Thing is.....thru the years will it cost more one way or the other. I hate this. AND ill look funny and feel funny.....like im hiding

:) It wont hurt much if the dentist is good even the numbing shots dont hurt that bad if he does it right.Then they give antibiotics and something for the pain afterwards.Dont stress that just makes things worse.Be glad that we live in a time that we can take care of these things.The very worst part is the dentist's bill.Also alot of dentists have portable CD players so you can listen to music while he works on you which can be a nice distraction..

We have TV's in our dentist offices, but chances are if he's pulling that many teeth Im gonna be OUT like a light

:)Barb , One of the best things you can do is floss,floss ,floss Im terrible about doing this.I had another dentist with whom we had dinner with once at the ranch ,hb was his hunting guide and he told me that a sonic tooth brush is one of the very best things for brushing your teeth and that water pics are basically worthless.
I guess you can say I have a facination about dentistry stemming from not getting proper dental care as a kid hence all the work in my 30s.To me its a luxury to be able to afford good dentistry.

Last edited:
Tan... before you do anything get a second opinion!

Once your real teeth are gone they can't be replaced and real is always better.

OH my dear...you make me laugh!!! You know the one dentist seen the xrays and didnt do anything, had my cleaning, cause well that usually helps. The next time this new dentist seen the xrays and told me stright up the the bone is deteriating......

Not all dentists are honest...

I went to one 2 years ago that told me I had 7 cavities.
I didn't believe him so I went back to my old dentist and I had NONE!
I go every 6 months for a cleaning and check up so I knew there was no way that I could go from zero cavities to 7!

Just becareful!

smiles, T

Maybe I will just have to suck it up and really find another dentist. Or ask both these two dentists to talk to me at the same time. They work in the same office! Then I can atleast gage what could be right to wrong......

I had 4 teeth pulled last month along with gum surgery. At the same time as that work was done, the dentist did "bone grafts" because I have the same problem you do. Got 2 bridges last week. Implants are too expensive.

I truly hate going to the dentist more than almost anything else but I was so fortunate to find this guy. He's been wonderful & I totally trust him.

I grew up in a family where the dentist was way more important than the doctor. If your teeth and gums are healthy, chances are you will be healthy, too. Lack of care for your teeth and gums can lead to heart disease and death! :ohmy:

My dentist is of the belief that teeth get pulled as a last resort of last resorts. Better to keep them in your head if possible.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom