Clock on here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I just noticed that when I post my messages the time is not correct for my time zone. Is there some way to set that myself or is that a server problem?

Yes but how do I change the time on my posts to agree with greenich mean time minus 5? Not sure if the time is messed up since we changed our clocks ahead earlier this year than usual? Time in the eastern U.S. is now 9:45, but the clock will reflect one hour earlier I think.

Yep, it does

You can't change your clock, Amber. It's the way this site is set up. The best you can do is to, for your purposes, figure out what time it is when you look at posts.

For example, when someone on the east coast of the United States posts something, I have to subtract an hour because I live in the central time zone. You will have to calculate times for the zone you live in.

amber:

Click on User CP then select edit options

Scroll down to date and time options and check the settings. You can change them there to suit your time zone.

Thanks Andy, I knew there was a way to set the time, however, the time is set correctly to gmt-5, however, I dont think the server has caught up with the time change. Thanks Katie :)

Did you set your options to automatically detect daylight savings time?

You may have to log off and log back on again.

Andy M. said:
Did you set your options to automatically detect daylight savings time?

You may have to log off and log back on again.
Yes, it is set to automatically detect DST.

Still says it's one hour earlier than it actually is here.

Andy M. said:
Are you looking at the time stamp that appears on each post, next to the 'Today'?

Yep, and your reply says 10:04, and your in Mass, so same time zone as me, and it is currently 11:04.

Ok, so I've just logged off and back on again, so we'll see if that helps. Not sure why I would have to do that seeing as the settings were all correct, but here goes, and thanks for all of your help Andy.

Nope time still says one hour earlier, I am really stumped now.

I snooped around your settings before sending a PM to Ben P. You had Daylight Savings Time checked but the next question is - Is Daylight Savings Time currently in effect? "No" was checked and I changed that to "Yes" - you should be good to go - I hope -
23_29_107v.gif

The time on my posts is wrong, too. I followed your advice Andy, but still shows the wrong hour. OOps first i'll try logging off then on again.

kitchenelf said:
I snooped around your settings before sending a PM to Ben P. You had Daylight Savings Time checked but the next question is - Is Daylight Savings Time currently in effect? "No" was checked and I changed that to "Yes" - you should be good to go - I hope -
23_29_107v.gif
Thanks Kitchenelf. I dont see that question listed (is daylight savings time currently in effect), weird. Thanks for changing it for me. Lets see if it works.

Very strange, it still doesnt work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom