Calphalon try-ply as good as all-clad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a couple of calphalon try-ply pans (3qt chef and 10" omlette) and a couple of small ($20 BB&B special ) all clad pans. Both brands are aluminum laminated with a thin, thin layer of 18/10 stainless. I cant tell a functional differance between the two yet the all clad is over twice as expensive. Have any of y'all seen a quality differance between the two brands?

All CLad made in Pennsylvania, Calphalon made in China. Calphalon makes a good pan, but some of their lines have flimsy handles etc. AllClad makes a great pan.

I have both. All-Clad SS skillets and a Calphalon saute pan. They both do what's expected of them. I see no performance diffrences. I also have other brands of clad SS and they all work well too.

Bottom line - you have several lower cost alternatives to A-C.

Jennyema gave me a heads up on big All Clad sale at Cookware and More. AC 10" fry pans for $57. I ordered two of them, but unbenonced to me, my wife bought me a couple Cuisinarts for my b-day that I used last night. The All Clads will be waiting for me when I get home so I can compare the two. I used the Cuisinart for some pork chops last night and it worked very well.

I find...

Absolutely no difference cooking with the two brands - I probably have an equal number of pots/pans from both lines. And believe me, I researched, debated with myself, went to the stores lifting, turning ,etc, looking at every nook and cranny. I think the difference in the thickness is negligible. The biggest difference is probably the handles and the tempered glass lids (which i didn't expect to like and have surprisingly enjoyed - you can actually see through them while cooking/baking).

If I'm going to be honest, the reason I have both is my internal kitchen snob lis just a little infactuated with the whole All-Clad thing, and so I've been buying some here and there. But for cooking - no difference! imho

anniecakes said:
If I'm going to be honest...my internal kitchen snob is just a little infatuated with the whole All-Clad thing...

Hee hee, well said, anniecakes! I suffer from the the same affliction!:LOL:

Last edited:
How does Tivoli Compare?

It's been a while since I've posted...so I apologize for the late inquiry.

Speaking of comparisons, does anyone have experience with Tivoli cookware?

I like the sleek handles on the Tivoli brand cookware; they look almost like All-Clad's handles. The price is comparable to Calphalon. So far I got the 3-quart sauce pan that feels heavy and sturdy. It is a tri-ply so I thought that means quality but I've only used it a few times. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom