SOS, Brisket ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I mae this brisket, but we are not going to eat it until next Sunday, maybe even Monday. It's going into freezer now, but should I slice it first or not? Please tell me soon, because I will not have PC in a couple of hours or so.

If you want to serve it whole, and not for sammiches, I would not slice it - unless you want to save time. I would drain the fat though, prior to freezing.

I have a cooked brisket in my freezer right now and I left it whole. It will reheat and taste alot better if you do not slice it first. Freeze it, defrost it in the fridge overnight and then gently baste it with sauce and let it reheat in a 225 degree oven for about 1.5 hours.

Thank you everybody. I put the thing int he freezer. Though I doubt it will defrost overnight in refrigerator. I's some 20-25 pounds brisket. I actually wonder how lon it will take to defrost. Oh, well, I"ll cross that bridge when it comes to it. Thank you again. Off I go for couple of days.

CharlieD said:
Thank you everybody. I put the thing int he freezer. Though I doubt it will defrost overnight in refrigerator. I's some 20-25 pounds brisket. I actually wonder how lon it will take to defrost. Oh, well, I"ll cross that bridge when it comes to it. Thank you again. Off I go for couple of days.

Everyone grab a fork, and meet me at Charlie's.:angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom