ISO truffle recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherryRed

Senior Cook
Does anyone have a good truffle recipe they could share? I need to make some for an upcoming birthday. I had a good recipe once, but I have no idea what happened to it. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

1 pkg any flavor oreo cookies
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 tbsp vanilla flavoring (or other flavor like lemon, almond, cherry, rum, etc)
1 pkg semi sweet choc chips

soften cream cheese. place oreos into food processor, crumb. place crums in lrg ziplock bag and add cream cheese. add vanilla. squish and mix together. scrape into bowl. using scoop, scoop into balls and place on waxed paper on cookie sheets, chill overnight.

melt chocolate chips (add a Tbsp of shortening if desired). Take chilled truffle balls out of freezer 30 min prior to dipping in chocolate mixture. place back onto waxed paper and chill again. voila! truffles!!

use peanut butter oreos and add peanuts
use golden oreos and add caramel candies
use mint oreos and add candy canes (sprinkle them on the chocolate, too)
use the halloween colored oreos and add candy corn

the ideas are endless!!!

:chef:

Equal parts by weight, dark chocolate, and heavy cream. Tempure over double boiler. Once melted and smooth, add liquor of choice. Pour ganache into a sheet pan, or 9x9 Baking pan. Chill over night.

Using a small melon baller, scoop out truffles. Roll in coco, powdered sugar, crushed hazelnuts(or any nut I guess), or what ever you want.

A neat variation, roll in dried, crushed lime zest and a touch of curry powder. Sounds odd, but it is great.

Last edited:
TATTRAT said:
Equal parts by weight, dark chocolate, and heavy cream. Tempure over double boiler. Once melted and smooth, add liquor of choice. Pour ganache into a sheet pan, or 9x9 Baking pan. Chill over night.

Using a small melon baller, scoop out truffles. Roll in coco, powdered sugar, crushed hazelnuts(or any nut I guess), or what ever you want.

A neat variation, roll in dried, crushed lime zest and a ouch of curry powder. Sounds odd, but it is great.

YUMMMM!!!!

The Dessert Diva said:
1 pkg any flavor oreo cookies
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 tbsp vanilla flavoring (or other flavor like lemon, almond, cherry, rum, etc)
1 pkg semi sweet choc chips

soften cream cheese. place oreos into food processor, crumb. place crums in lrg ziplock bag and add cream cheese. add vanilla. squish and mix together. scrape into bowl. using scoop, scoop into balls and place on waxed paper on cookie sheets, chill overnight.

melt chocolate chips (add a Tbsp of shortening if desired). Take chilled truffle balls out of freezer 30 min prior to dipping in chocolate mixture. place back onto waxed paper and chill again. voila! truffles!!

use peanut butter oreos and add peanuts
use golden oreos and add caramel candies
use mint oreos and add candy canes (sprinkle them on the chocolate, too)
use the halloween colored oreos and add candy corn

the ideas are endless!!!

:chef:

Ahhhh they sound so good! I might have to try that IMMEDIATELY! :-D

TATTRAT said:

A neat variation, roll in dried, crushed lime zest and a touch of curry powder. Sounds odd, but it is great.

They sound great too, and the lime/curry thing sounds like an interesting twist. How much liquor do you add?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom