My top 10 Healthy Foods.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AGlorish

Assistant Cook
1. Vegetables (Avocados, Artichokes, Broccoli, Garlic, Ginger, Green beans, Spinach, etc.). 2. Fruits (Apricots, Blueberries, Citruses, Cranberries, Strawberries, etc.).
3. Fish and Seafood (Cod, Halibut, Salmon, Scallops, Shrimp, Snapper, Tuna, etc.).
4. Beans & Legumes (Back beans, Dried peas, Garbanzo beans, Kidney beans, Lentils, Lima beans, Miso, Navy beans, Pinto beans, Soybeans, Tempeh, Tofu).
5. Nuts & Seeds (Almonds, Cashews, Flaxseeds, Olive oil, Peanuts, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts).
6. Grains (Barley, Brown rice, Buckwheat, Corn, Millet, Oats, Quinoa, Rye, Spelt, Whole wheat).
7. Low Fat Dairy (low-fat Cheese, Eggs, 2%, cow’s Milk, goat’s Milk,Yogurt).
8. Poultry & Lean Meats ( Beef, lean organic, Calf’s liver, Chicken, Lamb, Turkey, Venison).
9. Spices & Herbs (Basil, Black pepper, Cilantro/Coriander seeds, Cinnamon, ground, Dill, Ginger, Mustard seeds).
10. Natural Sweeteners (Blackstrap molasses, Cane juice, Honey, Maple syrup).

This is wonderful. I love this list, especially the fruits and vegetables.

However, some people should be careful. Your list contains all of the 8 highly allergic foods:
Wheat
Soy
Fish
Shellfish
Tree nuts
Peanuts
Dairy
Egg

However, for people without allergies, this is an excellent diet.

Linda
www.LindasGourmetCookies.com

I like your list! I could seriously live on the first two alone. Fruit and vegetables. . . mmmmm, I'm craving an orange. I always feel so much better eating natural foods than processed stuff. Like a grapefruit vs. a Nutrigrain bar for breakfast. Pure, simple, straight-from-the-earth foods always taste great and make me feel so healthy!

AGlorish said:
1. Vegetables (Avocados, Artichokes, Broccoli, Garlic, Ginger, Green beans, Spinach, etc.). 2. Fruits (Apricots, Blueberries, Citruses, Cranberries, Strawberries, etc.).
3. Fish and Seafood (Cod, Halibut, Salmon, Scallops, Shrimp, Snapper, Tuna, etc.).
4. Beans & Legumes (Back beans, Dried peas, Garbanzo beans, Kidney beans, Lentils, Lima beans, Miso, Navy beans, Pinto beans, Soybeans, Tempeh, Tofu).
5. Nuts & Seeds (Almonds, Cashews, Flaxseeds, Olive oil, Peanuts, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts).
6. Grains (Barley, Brown rice, Buckwheat, Corn, Millet, Oats, Quinoa, Rye, Spelt, Whole wheat).
7. Low Fat Dairy (low-fat Cheese, Eggs, 2%, cow’s Milk, goat’s Milk,Yogurt).
8. Poultry & Lean Meats ( Beef, lean organic, Calf’s liver, Chicken, Lamb, Turkey, Venison).
9. Spices & Herbs (Basil, Black pepper, Cilantro/Coriander seeds, Cinnamon, ground, Dill, Ginger, Mustard seeds).
10. Natural Sweeteners (Blackstrap molasses, Cane juice, Honey, Maple syrup).

Thanks for the grocery list. Can you give me some menu's. I'd love some recipes too. Thank you for sharing.

That's a few more than 10 isn't it? ;)

I think most people would agree that those foods are generally healthy and our diets should consist mainly of natural, unprocessed foods.

spiders said:
Your list contains all of the 8 highly allergic foods:
Wheat
Soy
Fish
Shellfish
Tree nuts
Peanuts
Dairy
Egg
Surely it's a minority who are allegic to these foods and if they are, they would already know not to eat them.

healthy appetite with Ellie Krieger

StirBlue said:
Thanks for the grocery list. Can you give me some menu's. I'd love some recipes too. Thank you for sharing.

StirBlue, since you like that grocery list and would like recipes, then check out Ellie Krieger's book "Small Changes, Big results" she has excellent points and great recipes sprinkle throughout the book. Her website is elliekrieger.com. It has recipes in each newsletter on there. She is on Food Network too. Her show is called Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. I find her recipes, tips and advice refreshing for a healthy appetite.

Thanx all for replies I’ve been out these days
I’m so glad you liked my list
That’s not the only foods i eat, as i said it’s my healthy list, but i try to keep it.
I know that there are some allergic foods, but thats my list, and i’m not allergic

Great list, I really like al the ideas....i will definately be adding alot of those types of food to my diet. Thanks Again!

Back
Top Bottom