New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I moved from Texas to Illinois about 20 years ago. I have had many new cooking challenges and learned much much more than I ever imagined knowing about food and cooking. What has been some of the most interesting cooking experiences that you have been challenged with so far?
Did you move there to play golf year round? That would be a nice challenge too! Remember the good ole days when you lived in Illinois and was sitting around in April freezing? We are still doing it!!! LOL Welcome to DC.

I don't miss the ice and snow and cold. I thought that I might miss it around Christmas but I didn't.

The only thing I miss is black dirt, Oak Trees, and the smell of the air after a rain. I don't play golf but I do love to get out and walk.

Cooking here in the SW is totally different than the Midwest and it took me sometime to get use it. I find that with the heat you like your foods much more spicy.

I found a cookbook that I love "Aprovecho" A Mexican-American Border Cookbook - Teresa Cordero-Cordell and Robert Cordell.

I have a new appreciation for SW food, nothing like you get in the Midwest.

What new experiences have you had?

Back
Top Bottom