Dinner Thurs. April 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Trying out Paula Deen's sloppy joe recipe, made with ground beef, a little flour, and a can of french onion soup. Sides will be chips, pickles, olives and radishes. Oh, and vadilia onions on the joes !

Just a mixed salad. Its not so hot as it has been but DH ate at work and its still warm enough. We also have our second ripe strawberry of the season so we might toss a coin for that, lol!

It's gone from sunny and warm to cool and rain coming this afternoon, so right now I have some chicken breasts I cut into bite sized pieces and browned going with onions, garlic in evoo and some butter,and marjoram, will add some sauteed mushrooms, lots of them and some marsala, and chicken stock, later along with fresh chopped parsley and put
this over some oven cooked polenta...Asparagus, green salad, rolls if wanted and baked apples...

kadesma:)

I picked up two loaves of REAL Italian bread (few and far between in California. Californians think French and Italian breads are interchangable!) from an Italian deli on the way home from work last night, so I will be finishing off the last of the Italian sausage and peppers. I also picked up a 10-inch lattice topped cherry pie for half price ($3.45), which I will be cutting into 8 pieces (not 12) and having for dessert for the next week or so.

Yum I'm hungry now from reading your posts.

I think Madeleine will have some more homemade chicken soup (her turn to be sick now :rolleyes: ) I am not sure yet what I will leave everyone for supper, but for dessert they will have some orange pound cake with lemon glaze. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Going to have sauerkraut and pork ribs. Of course I have to have mashed potatoes, so I can put my sauerkraut on top of them, with a little butter. Umm. Not sure about a dessert yet.

I am expecting my delivery from Vons this morning so I will decide what to eat for dinner when I get all the groceries that I ordered.

I baked some potatoes last night so we're having smashed potatoes (topped with pesto) and chicken thighs that I also baked last night. I love cooking ahead and quick meals at dinner time!

Linda S
Cook Mexican Food

I have a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker. Soon it will fall apart beautifully. We plan on making red chile with it and having frito pies.

Dessert will be http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f41/rec-deep-dark-chocolate-cake-18055.html?highlight=chocolate+cake Hershey's now make a Special Dark Cocoa. I used 1/2 cup regular cocoa and 1/4 cup special dark for both the cake and the frosting. Makes it rich and delicious, not to mention a very dark cake. Though, using all special dark doesn't have better results imo.

Kadesma-
as usual, your dinner sounds great! yum!

Spaghetti and meatballs here with a yellow cake, strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom