Orange Roughy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been a while, but I don't know why.... orange roughy is a great fish.
I used to bake mine. 350 until done, which I think was around 20 minutes. I'd spray a lasagna dish with a cooking spray, lay the fish in, spray the top of the fish and season it. Cajun sasoning is good, so is plain dill weed.
hmmmm, I may have to head to the grocery store in town after work :) .

I think its y favourite fish, its really hard to get hold of in UK though. I like it simple and foil wrapped...maybe a little lime juice and served with coconut rice....Oh, yum. I wish I had some.

I've only made it a couple of times, but can tell you that any recipe you find for mild white fish (like flounder, sole, or tilapia) that appeals to you will work just fine with Orange Roughy.

This is our favourite recipe to cook ocean perch or flaunder with, but I am sure it works just as well with orange roughy. It is pretty simple to prepare, and delicious!!

• Pat dry, lightly salt and coat the fillets with flour.
  • Grate the skin of one ruby orange, and squeeze out the juice and save.
  • Sautè the fillet with butter (or olive oil).
  • Turn up the heat and pour the juice and the zest, and let the juice almost evaporate (but not completely dry).
  • Scoop out the fillets, keep warm.
  • Add about a cup of milk in the skillet, let the sauce thicken.
  • Pour the sauce on to the fillet, garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy.

probably one of the most versitile fish in the sea. You can prepare it a million and six different ways. I too, like it fred, but it holds up great in the oven, pan, or grill.

Use it to replace red snapper and make blackend white (instead of red) fish. You can also marinate it in any Chinese recipe marinade instead of meat or poultry (kung pao, schezwan, sweet & sour, mongolian, etc) for about 30 minutes, and pan fry it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom