Good Coffee pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3babies

Assistant Cook
I have been drinking espresso coffee for 5-6 years mixed with milk{latte]. I am trying to limit my carb intake because I am diabetic. I recently purchased a perculator and hated the taste..It didn't even taste like coffee. I am looking for a good coffee pot.Any suggestions?? Thanks so much. I am also still having a hard time on discuss cooking...re. asking questions...knowing where to go...

A friend just bought me a french press coffee pot last night. I've made a pot or two from it. It ain't espresso, but it makes a pretty good cup of coffee. I've always used an automatic drip coffee maker - last one was a Mr. Coffee. And I've had percolator coffee growing up. The flavors of each are different, and each has its plusses and minuses. If you're used to espresso, I'd try a french press first. It's the closest with regards to strength to espresso IMO. A pot can be purchased for as little as $10. You want to make sure the coffee is medium grind, not espresso grind, else the grounds will pass right through the sieve.

Good luck in your search... life without coffee is like... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I have several coffee pots, some still work and some don't, by almost every manufacturer in the free world. My current favorite is my brand spanking new Krups KP1010 Home Cafe coffeemaker that I use at work, which I bought at a going out of business sale for 50 bucks American. It uses pods, which can get a bit expensive, but I have recently ordered a pod maker and several boxes of pod papers to go with it. The only drawback I can see is if one of my neighbors looks in my window and sees me sitting at the klitchen table with my electronic scale, measuring stuff....

I also have a Krups XP1500 combination 12 cup coffeemaker/Espresso/cappucino machine for home use, which I have had for almost two years and have never had any problem with. But, then, I have never had trouble with any Krups product I have ever owned.

Start with good water. Expresso is very "intense" whereas, perked or drip coffee is less so. The quality of the water really comes through in perked or drip coffee. I take my own water (filtered of course) to the office with me to perk my own coffee otherwise it just doesn't taste right.

Linda

I have a french press, which makes excellent coffee, and a little 2 cup stove top espresso maker for my rare strong espresso cravings...but for everyday coffee, I splurged and bought a Keurig. Makes a perfect cup of my favorite coffees.

Being a diabetic myself I had to switch to decaff. coffee. Not even close to espresso though...we shouldn't have caffeine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom