What's For Dinner, Thurs. May 3, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Going to bake some Brick Oven Pizza's I bought yesterday. Never tried them before. Just made a strawberry cake-strawberry pie filling dessert.

Last edited:
We are having crudite and houmous and a roule cheese dip - to be clear that is two separate dips. :)

I pulled out some Pork Sirloin roasts to thaw. Not sure about sauce(s), veg, and starch at this point.

We ordering subs most likely. OR maybe cooking up the Hannaford Pizza in the oven. Hannaford is a name of a grocery store like market basket ect. They have decent brands. We used to get DiJorno, but switched to Hannaford Brand since it's cheaper and still decent. I'm visiting a friend at around 2:30pm for a few hours and my DH is doing the monthly BJ's trip (meats, paper towels, dog/cat stuff, cereals, diapers and wipes)....bulk stuff

Not sure. Today's going to be a rough day so I might just end up going to get something instead of cooking.

It's beautiful here today, so I think I'll grill some chorizo sausage. make a package of potatoes, onions, carrots and grill that as well.

I'm marinating some chicken breasts in cilantro,evoo,garlic,raspberry vinegar,chicken stock,salt and pepper..will poach in the oven then refrigerate and serve cold with strawberry salsa..Picked up some couscous, and will add some mint and toasted pine nuts..although beets may not go with the chicken and couscous, I found some already roasted and peeled at Trader Joe's, I'm going to slice them and dress with evoo and some of the raspberry vinegar...maybe too much of a good thing but I love beets so beets it is:LOL: Katie E.'s Black Devils food cake has been requested so one of those is in the works..

kadesma:LOL:

I started to marinate those chicken breasts in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, tomato paste, brown sugar, Chili Garlic sauce, grated ginger, and five-spice powder too late last night to cook them, so I will be grilling them up tonight on the barbie. There were actually three breasts, not two, so I will eat one with steamed brown rice with carrot and some steamed Asian vegetables tonight, and the other two will get sliced up for Chinese chicken salad.

spinach soup surprise and NY Times bread. I like my bread lightly toasted and buttered, DH takes his plain at room temp:)

I'll post the soup recipe in soup thread....

This month we're "eating down" the freezer. Over the last several months, about 19 full entrees have been put by and they need to be eaten before they're too old. Having said that, we're having Italian Pot Roast, potatoes of some sort, green beans and garlic baguette.

How do you cook your Italian Pot Roast, Katie? That sounds like something we'd like.

We have left over pork tenderloin that Kim cooked last night. I think we're just going to make sandwiches from that, and have a salad. He bought fresh mushrooms today, and I like to slice and marinate them in Italian dressing. Add a little parmesan and a few olives, and it makes a nice salad.
Sometimes I also add julienned salami, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes, and that, with some good crusty bread, makes a meal.

I cook it in the pressure cooker and start by browing a 3- to 4-pound beef roast in a little olive oil. Then I add 1 large onion (finely chopped) and 4 cloves chopped garlic and let them cook until tender. Next, I add 1 cup eachred wine and beef broth/stock, along with 12 ounces tomato paste, 15 ounces tomato sauce, about 3/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. granulated sugar, and 1 tsp. dried basil. Sometimes I'll add some hot sauce. Buck would put hot sauce on Rice Krispies. Put the top on the cooker and cook until tender, depending on your pressure cooker. Yummy good.

Could probably just as easily be made in the crock-pot, too.

Tartine said:
We'll have leek and cereals casserole with a crumbs/almond topping. :)

Could you please post a recipe for the leek & cereals casserole. I kinda think that I sorta don't know what it is. Anything with leeks is usually good. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom