Question about Mother's Day meal plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
ok i"m helping out with a mothers day meal plan. It will basically be for 4 people. This is what I have so far.

Mediterranean Chicken - I have done this a few times
Italian Styel Spinache Bake with mix of Mozzarella, Provolone and Parmesian cheeses

and ?

At first I was thinking creamy au gratin potatoes. But does that go with the meal?

I'd say the au gratin potatoes would be too heavy to include with the spinach dish.

I can see a Panzanella salad going with this quite nicely.

Or even a simple sliced zucchini sauteed in some white wine and garlic. Whatever that third thing is it just needs to be simple and fairly plain.

2 veggies? Should I just serve the mediterean chix over some pasta of some type?

I'm not sure how to make Panzanella? I'd be interested in finding out though.

You could serve the chicken over couscous. I like kitchenelf's suggestion of panzanella. It's an Italian [SIZE=-1]salad made of toasted bread cubes (big ones made of Italian bread) and tossed with vegetables, then dressed with vinaigrette. It's a very tasty salad and quite pleasing to the eye.
[/SIZE]

I was thinking either couscous, orzo, or maybe even risotto as the carb for this meal.

Reading your original plan reminded me of something new I tried last weekend. I don't have the original recipe with me unfortunately. It was a spinach saute with onions and sliced red grapes. . . surprisingly good! The colors looked really nice together as well.

But anyway, I think you should serve the chicken over couscous. Yummy!

jpmcgrew said:
;) Or instead of a starch like pasta,or rice how about a nice crusty french bread to go along.

That sounds nice and easy "lol". I like that. I wonder if serving the Mediterrean Chicken over good ole plain rice would be so bad?

Basically, how do you make your Mediterranean Chicken? I ask because there could be several simple rice dishes that might work well. You could even do a cold rice salad with lots of vegetables and voila - you have a whole meal!

I have looked up several recipes for Mediterranean Chicken and they all seem pretty involved. A simple rice cooked in chicken broth just might fit the bill actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom