Gross Stuff We Love to Eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougiezerts

Assistant Cook
Smelly cheese! Raw steak! Raw fish! Eggs from fish! Raw eggs! What things do you enjoy that some would consider gross?
Some of my favorites are:
Cheese--I've tried some of the stronger washed-rind varieties, and I quite liked them. I even tried limberger! It's quite good, if you can get past the aroma.
Sushi--Love it!
Caviar--I haven't tried the real expensive variety, but I've eaten the cheaper stuff and liked it.
Hagis--I had some at a Scottish festival, and found it was unexpectedly good.
Happy eating!:chef:

Dinuguan, a Pilipino delicacy which is basically a stew made with pig tripe, cooked in a pig's blood based sauce.

deep fat fried Chicken feet until crispy and then put in a paper bag and tossed with some salt.

the middle bits out of cabage or cauli eaten raw.

the spine out of tinned salmon.

I will eat a tin of anchovies in olive oil while watching TV.

I`ll consume most things with peanut butter.

I like Blood, pork or beef, with salt and fat fried up until almost dry and like dark glue.

I have a quite a few things my friends think are crazy or "Gross", and it`s all served up with great big gobs of greasey grimey gopher guts :D

Last edited:
Okra! Yes, I know, a lot of people think it's slimey, but I love it. It's especially good deep fried; that's how my mom cooks it.

Muskrat - Limburger cheese, pickled beef heart. Thats all I can think of right now.

lol, all that blood stuff IS grossing me out !

Last edited:
I eat fried chicken skin, even though it's unhealthy.
And I like to leave some of the fat on my steak. I guess I'm not too weird but my hubby thinks its gross when I eat those things.
Also I can't eat scrambled egss without ketchup,
Or Bologna without miracle whip and pickles on it.

When we're talking blood, we mean the juices that come from the meats right? Not actual blood, blood.

I meant Both, I will Buy just the blood also and the beef fat, pour it into a large pan add a little water chuck in the salt and simmer until it`s reduced to a dark brown glue like substance, then pour off the fat.

it`s the dark glue stuff you want, esp spread on toast while it`s still hot!

My friends think I'm gross for putting peanut butter on chicken and eating it, but what's so bad about that? :p

joanne81 said:
My friends think I'm gross for putting peanut butter on chicken and eating it, but what's so bad about that? :p

Nothing bad about that. I bet Tommy Tang does it all the time. ;)

Last edited:
I love my mum's chicken innards soup (cooked with rice wine). But my personal favourate food combo that people often find quite odd is McDonalds fries with soft serve ice cream (as a dip) or oreo mcflurry.

liver kidney sweet breads
eel squid caviar
all kinds of cheeses, sausages including hagis
okra, all kinds of greens
carpacio, pickled herring, sushi and sashimi
several ethnic stews (like the Philipino mentioned above) that are too good to care what's in them...like chinese duck heart stew
whatever

ScruffyAsh said:
I love my mum's chicken innards soup (cooked with rice wine). But my personal favourate food combo that people often find quite odd is McDonalds fries with soft serve ice cream (as a dip) or oreo mcflurry.

ScruffyAsh - If that is something you like alot, you should *really* explore the link between "chocolate and salt" seriously, one of my favorite treats is to dip salty hot fries into a chocholate malt. I am sure there are many other REALLY good combos, but I am afraid to explorer.

Casper

My daughter has always loved to dip her French fries in a chocolate shake. I thought she was the only one.

I guess some people would consider raw oysters, escargot, calamari and liver gross, but I love them all.
Cooked oatmeal is the grossest food I've run across. Yuck! Ick! :sick: My mother used to insist I eat it, and would stand over me until I did. But I wouldn't, and the stuff would get cold and gluey. Every time I tried to eat a bite, it made me gag. Finally, my dad intervened. I had no idea that he didn't like oatmeal until he said, "Norma, don't make her eat that stuff. It tastes like snot."

Constance said:
My daughter has always loved to dip her French fries in a chocolate shake. I thought she was the only one.

I guess some people would consider raw oysters, escargot, calamari and liver gross, but I love them all.
Cooked oatmeal is the grossest food I've run across. Yuck! Ick! :sick: My mother used to insist I eat it, and would stand over me until I did. But I wouldn't, and the stuff would get cold and gluey. Every time I tried to eat a bite, it made me gag. Finally, my dad intervened. I had no idea that he didn't like oatmeal until he said, "Norma, don't make her eat that stuff. It tastes like snot."
Constance - I've read your posts for a while now (mostly lurk mode as I did not have time to spend more then ten minutes or so here), and you've always appealed to me as a very nice and common sense person.

I agree with the "gross" prospective. I NEVER make anyone, kid or otherwise, more then just taste something. I will tell you my gross point would be your mentioned liver. I will how ever state that one on my favorite items growing up was KFC chicken gizzards. Knowing that many people would think that gross, or the braised squirrel I frequently enjoyed, I would have a hard time in telling others what they should/should not eat.

OTOH, I would shoot the person (one of my two step dads in this case), for feeding me chocolate covered ants in the form of a candy bar., It seemed like a high quality "Nestles Crunch" chocolate bar, and my only curiosity was the number of small things stuck between my teeth until he told me gleefully what it was. :furious:

Casper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom