Rec. Veggie Bread TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrannyG

Cook
This is soooo goood. Someone made this and sent it to the teachers at school yesterday, and then shared this wonderful recipe.

Veggie Bread

3 cans biscuits, cut into 1/4ths
1 onion or green onions (I used both)
1 diced bell pepper
1 1/2 sticks melted REAL butter
1/2 pound cooked bacon (I used a pound)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I use Cheddar)

Saute onions and pepper in butter. Add cooked bacon.
layer biscuits in a bundt pan with onions, pepper, bacon,
cheese. I made 3 layers. Topped with Cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees. I baked mine for 25 minutes, turned
it upside down, let it cool, and put it on a plate. Lucious!

Thanks for sharing!!

That looks delicious, although I'll probably cut back a bit on the onion & substitute turkey bacon due to dear husband's preferences. I'm sure it will still be delicious.

I don't mean to be the wet blanket here, but doesn't it cease to be a 'veggie bread' due to the bacon. I ask this because my daughter is a vegetarian and if no one told me it had bacon in it and said this is veggie bread, she would have eaten it without knowing.

I realize that you would see the bacon in this recipe, but what if it had just been bacon grease, you may not see the tidbits then. Just curious.

When someone gives me a recipe, I do not change anything they write. I add my own notes to it in paranthesis. This is what it was named, and the recipe given to all who wanted it, so I really do not know the reason for the title, I just enjoy it.

I used canned biscuits, such as Pillsbury or a store brand. I bet it would be great with mushrooms in it. The last one I made required longer to bake than 25 minutes, so now I just watch it until it is golden brown and is well done. I also decreased the butter to just one cube. It was plenty to use to dip the biscuits in and for cooking the onions and peppers. Around here, we have a joke about bought canned biscuits, we call them "Whomp biscuits" because you have to hit the can on the sink or use a spoon at the tear, and they make a sound to open them.

GrannyG said:
we call them "Whomp biscuits" because you have to hit the can on the sink or use a spoon at the tear, and they make a sound to open them.

kind of like when you finally unzip your jeans after a long night out and getting ready for bed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom