What's For Dinner - Monday May 14, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
What is everyone having for dinner?

I'm going to cook up some porterhouse steaks. In addition to this some polenta and the rest of the frozen mixed brocolli and cauliflower bag from the freezor.

I think I might make some homemade cheese sauce to pour over the brocolli. The polenta isn't exactly totally from scratch. Not knowing much about it, I bought a big block of it and it says it only needs to cook for 3 minutes after water boils and than in the oven with parm cheese ect.

Beef Pilau, chapati and kachumbari(kenyan salad of onions, tomatoes, spring onion, dhania(fresh coriander) and freshly squeezed lemon juice)

I borught left over rotini and Italian sausage for lunch, and will most likely have a salad for supper.

Popcorn and coke at theater. popcorn makes me cannot eat anymore T.t

An easy night tonight..Hot turkey sandwiches with gravy..Stuffing, sauting some mushrooms to put over the turkey and gravy, asparagus and dh, loves me to put some shredded iceberg lettuce on a cold plate, then top with several pears brushed with lemon, then I chop up some celery, add raisins and chopped walnuts and mix that with cottage cheese and some mayo and put the mix on the pears..and just some chocolate pudding with whipped cream for dessert..

kadesma:)

We had leftovers from yesterday even cheesecake. My daughter brought a wonderful coconut cake that was delicious also. I need to work out every day this week for sure.

It's finally a home cooked meal - chili, corn bread, corn on the cob and salad. P.S. mac and cheese for my little one

A mix of papparedelle pasta and angel hair with roasted tomatoes, basil chiffonade, roasted peppers, broccoli rabe, Swiss chard, garlic, gray salt, lemon, sliced Parmigiano Reggiano, and a chicken I cooked in the rotisserie based with basil oil. I'll enjoy it tomorrow - after spending all evening in the kitchen I could only take one bite :( (ok, ok, ok, I nibbled on the rotisserie chicken a bit - JUST a bit though :dry: ) Now I'm chillin' with a glass of sauvignon blanc! :)

Constance said:
We're having Prime sirloin steak and a salad of mixed baby greens from the garden.

USDA Prime Sirloin?

WHERE did you find that tasty morsel? Do you any extra, say, enough for a late-night visitor? :LOL:

kadesma said:
An easy night tonight..Hot turkey sandwiches with gravy..Stuffing, sauting some mushrooms to put over the turkey and gravy, asparagus and dh, loves me to put some shredded iceberg lettuce on a cold plate, then top with several pears brushed with lemon, then I chop up some celery, add raisins and chopped walnuts and mix that with cottage cheese and some mayo and put the mix on the pears..and just some chocolate pudding with whipped cream for dessert..

kadesma:)
gosh this is an easy night for you? I would love to see what you call a complicated menu;):chef:

Very much a home "fast food" night last night.

Zatarain's "Dirty Rice" mix using ground turkey, along with a big green salad tossed with croutons, parmesan cheese, & creamy caesar dressing.

Back
Top Bottom