Immersible Blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Apieceofpeace

Assistant Cook
Hello! This is my first posting. My mom just offered an immersible blender for my birthday present. What do you think? Do you use one?

I cannot live without mine. I had an old rival one that broke after 10 years and now I have a cuisinart that I cannot live without.

I use it to puree stuff all the time. I guess it depends on the type of cooking you do whether you really use it or not but in the type of cooking I do - Indian origin it's a must for me. I use it to puree my beans, make my rice pudding smooth, blend sauces, make yogurt lassi and the list goes on and on.

It beats removing my heavy kitchen aid blender everytime I need a quick whirl plus I can use it directly in the pot and while the contents are still hot without splattering.

I use it to puree soups, sauces right in the pot. Mine has a detachable blade section that can go into the dishwasher for easy cleaning. Much easier than using and cleaning a traditional blender for these jobs.

I use mine and love it. I do not use it frequently, but I am very happy to have it when I need it.

It is perfect for pureeing soups. That is where mine gets the most use.

Welcome to DC and Happy Birthday.

Your Mom is giving you a very thoughtful gift. I like all the ideas that Yakuta had for using it. Some of the things that were listed are hard to achieve with just basic kitchen utensils. I like the idea that they can be used in a hot pot.

Also looks like it wouldn't take up to much storage space.

Thanks, Immersible Blender users

What a great response! Thank you. Your insights are very helpful.

Like GB, I use mine infrequently but am happy to have it when I need it. I love it for pureeing cream soups and that I can put it right in my cooking pot. Mine's easy to clean because, like Andy M., mine comes apart for cleaning in the dishwasher.

Congratulations on a wonderful birthday gift. Have fun with it.

Apieceofpeace said:
Hello! This is my first posting. My mom just offered an immersible blender for my birthday present. What do you think? Do you use one?
Of course I do not have the large number of posts that some have here, but I do use my immersion blender :) . I use it primarily to thicken soups by either processing some of the veggies or beans, or to make the gazpacho less chunky ;-)

In any case, it is a convenience like having a "bread maker". You don't really need it, and it takes up space, but it does have it's uses.

Edited because I forgot to say welcome :)

I like that mine comes apart for the dishwasher too. I do not always do that though because I found a very easy way to clean it. Just put a little water in a tall cup. Put in a couple drops of soap. Still the blended in and turn it on. The just rinse under running water. It is now clean.

GB said:
I like that mine comes apart for the dishwasher too. I do not always do that though because I found a very easy way to clean it. Just put a little water in a tall cup. Put in a couple drops of soap. Still the blended in and turn it on. The just rinse under running water. It is now clean.

GB - I forgot to mention that luxury. I also do that with the food processor as well as the blender.

Thanks for adding to my forgetfulness.

Hi APOP,
Great to have you here, you're gonna love it.
I've got the basic harry homeowner Braun immersion blender and I like it alot.
Is it a necessity? Probably not, but it sure is darn convenient for sauces and soups and it really doesn't take up that much space in your kitchen. Mine even came with a mini food processor bowl attachment that I've never used (I usually just end up using my chefs knife), but I may try it one day:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom