We all watch cooking shows...most annoying thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LEFSElover, I too am tired of hearing EL say 'I don't know where you get your.......... but where I get mine they don't come seasoned.' I do not watch FTV much any more either. All of the good guys are in reruns except the gave the 30 minute twit and $40 show and now another one. I watched her once and for 10 minutes. I love Sara Moulton, Barefoot Contessa, Two Fat Ladies (too bad one died), N......ed Chef (If I use the entire word, it is repalced withh *****) and also liked Two Hot Tamales...ah well. There are new shows there but have not liked any of them.

mudbug said:
Jacques Pepin never annoys me. Neither do the two blondes who do all the work on America's Test Kitchen. Christopher Kimball - now he's annoying. Looks like a math teacher just waiting to give me a D.
Mudbug,
I love Jacques, and loved Julia, have to agree about Kimball, but to me he looks like he had his finger in his nose :LOL: :LOL:
kadesma

As others have said so well, I also hate it when these professionals don't follow the most rudimentary health department rules.

Some do an ok job of explaining what you should do. A few actually make an effort while most just totally ignore anything to do with sanitation and safe food handling.

One of the worst is Paula Deen. I don't think I've ever seen anybody lick her fingers and double dip as much as she does.

Ya know, I've been thinking that maybe Emeril is even more sick of his shtick than some of us are. How would YOU like to have to repeat yourself on every performance because the audience expects it?

Doncha think Jimmy Buffett gets sick of doing "Margaritaville"?

Mudbug.... you are soooooooooo right. I would put Emeril on suicide watch! :shock: I hate when they taste "their" creation.... and then act like they just had a "romantic" experience! Come ON! Not ALL their stuff can be THAT darn good! :?

Dittos all around, guys.

As for Paula, if she cooked for me, I'd never complain about the double dippin'! So long as I got me some 'o that good Southern Cookin'!

doesn't surprise me you've all got me thinking even more than when I started this thread. had forgotten about some of the most annoying things of all. PD does double dip. SM and her constant comment of "any rate" not "at any rate" just any rate. aargh. JC could have lasted forever, I adored her and pretty much everything she did no matter how messy, it was her and she was honest and made no apologies. JP, I think is a trure genius too. incredible chef. and yea, I'd forgotten about all the things I've noticed on BC. but then, I'm the most imperfect of all, so... :oops:

kadesma said:
mudbug said:
Jacques Pepin never annoys me. Neither do the two blondes who do all the work on America's Test Kitchen. Christopher Kimball - now he's annoying. Looks like a math teacher just waiting to give me a D.
Mudbug,
I love Jacques, and loved Julia, have to agree about Kimball, but to me he looks like he had his finger in his nose :LOL: :LOL:
kadesma

I agree with everything you are saying. I love Julia and Jacque!

I can't stand America's test kitchen or Chris Kimball!!!!!!

I'm with norgeskog (Norwegians to the core, I guess) about Emeril and his "I don't know where you get your ___________, but mine don't come seasoned."

Well,

I don't know where Emeril gets HIS water from, but mine comes from the Detroit River, and it IS already seasoned!! ;) (A little too seasoned, actually)

John

I love Jaques and Julia too!

When I used to watch "Yan Can Cook", he always used to say, "You see... you see... you see... you see" throughout the whole show. That use to grate on my nerves, but he was entertaining to watch.

i don't know if yous guys have ever heard emeril shout out "ok, alright" or something like that in the middle of a show, but he is responding to something called director's cue. it's the little earpiece on-air talent wear so they can hear the director in the control room tell him how much time he has, or what camera is the close up and so on. the director is probably telling him to hurry up to make his script in time for the next commercial, and emeril is saying "alright,alright" back.

ronjohn55 said:
Well,

I don't know where Emeril gets HIS water from, but mine comes from the Detroit River, and it IS already seasoned!! ;) (A little too seasoned, actually)

John

lmoa i get my water from lake erie so i think we're almost in the same boat... no pun intended

Back
Top Bottom