condiments/extras you couldn't go without?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i have many. very many. i think i have a severe addiction. an intervention may be in order.
and i can't just use one per food. i have to try out all different ones. i put them onto things that don't even require condiments.
if i HAD to choose, i say:
-horseradish
-worcestershire
-olives
-vinegar
i had some beef jerky earlier and i had to try it out with worcestershire, inglehoffer, yellow mustard, A-1, horseradish, hot sauce and vinegar.
i have to splash worcestershire in soups, add horseradish and mustard to lunchmeat and leftover cold roast, i eat capers on anything i can, douse udon noodles in teriyaki sauce, on and on. i have 5 kinds of mustard.
and hot sauce, oh my. that goes in beans, on cheese, pretzels, in soups, in pasta, anywhere. i love my wasabi, too. i love it! i eat capers plain and eat pickle chips minus the burger.
any other condiment junkies out there? :D

hard for me to eat any type of meat sandwich without mayo. however, I prefer hot dogs and polish sausage with mustard only - no relish, onions, etc.

Well, I don't really like Mayo on anything. The only thing I use Mayo for is Tuna salad. Same thing with sweet relish, although I'm starting to use sweet relish on the hot dogs at work.

However, I like a good Dijon Mustard, or a nice Creole Mustard.
BBQ is a must. I'm from the South. We put BBQ on everything, burgers, dogs, the wife, the kids, etc. :)
Pace Medium Salsa. A must for eggs and Mexican.

That's basically it for me. However, my DW and her older two boys are more mainstream, with yellow mustard (bleck!), ketchup, mayo, cocktail sauce, and tartar sauce. My DW likes to put soy on rice. I only use soy sauce when I'm cooking.

I can't live without Miracle Whip and mustard.. those are the main two I always have to have. When I make my tuna fish, I like to use part Miracle Whip and mayo, then I squirt alittle mustard in too.. even alittle dill pickle relish.. yummy!

I have always liked Mayo and 57 sauce on my hamburgers.
Mustard and sweet relish on hot dogs.
Mustard on corn dogs.
Mayo on most other sandwiches consisting sandwich meats.
And then for steak I like A-1 steak sauce or Soy sauce along with
most teriaki sauces.
I like ketchup on french fries once in a while but mostly
enjoy the fries just plain with salt.

For steak it would be the sesame sauce I posted long ago. To DIE for yummy. And for wings...Franks Hot sauce.

Alix said:
For steak it would be the sesame sauce I posted long ago. To DIE for yummy. And for wings...Franks Hot sauce.

When I worked as part of management for a restaurant/pub.. we always used Frank's for wings...it's awesome! For godzilla wings, we used to chop up jalapenos and just straight Frank's and whiz them around in a blender, processor... people loved it!

Mayo
Yellow Mustard
Hot Sauce
Soy Sauce
Fish Sauce
Ketchup
BBQ Sauce
Pickle Relish
Tartar Suace
Horseradish Sauce
Malt Vinegar
Worcestershire Sauce
Tiger Sauce

I would say ketchup because I use it as a base for many sauces. ANd I really like hardcore mustard. You know... with horshradish. Vinegar.... many types. Chipolte sauce too. ;)

garlic, garlic, and garlic
onions
wasabi and regular horseraddish
potatoes
cheese
parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, chives from my garden
shallots
fresh ginger
five variety whole pepper corns
cardomom
butter

Better stop or this list will go from Eugene to NYC

Juliev said:
I can't live without Miracle Whip and mustard.. those are the main two I always have to have. When I make my tuna fish, I like to use part Miracle Whip and mayo, then I squirt alittle mustard in too.. even alittle dill pickle relish.. yummy!
Juliev, do you use Miracle Whip in your deviled eggs?
kadesma, I do :)

kadesma said:
Juliev said:

i use miracle whip in mine

kadesma said:
Juliev said:

Yes, when I make them, which is usually when I go to picnics or family gatherings. How do you make yours?

middie said:
i use miracle whip in mine

And, how do you make yours?

ah okay i use miracle whip, mustard, vinegar, sweet pickle juice and then celery seed... awesome. can't go to my dad's on the holidays without them or he might not let me in lol. and i don't measure anything i just use my judgement.

Here is mine for 12 eggs:

12 hard-cooked eggs
1/3 cup Miracle Whip
2 tsp finely grated onion
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/8 tsp each ground black pepper, red pepper, and salt
paprika

Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, mash in small bowl. Stir in Miracle Whip, onion, mustard, black pepper, red pepper and salt until smooth. Spoon or pipe into centers of egg whites. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with paprika.

I have only one and when I was single I use to keep a bottle of it in the car to put on pizza. Now that I am married, and married into a family of women who can cook I have graduated... I now keep a pepper grinder full of lemon pepper around at all times.
That and sea salt. Great stuff.

I have only one and when I was single I use to keep a bottle of it in the car to put on pizza. Now that I am married, and married into a family of women who can cook I have graduated... I now keep a pepper grinder full of lemon pepper around at all times.
That and sea salt. Great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom