Dinner - Thurs. June 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Going to make some pork chop suey/over rice, sprinked with rice noodles and soy sauce. (Found a pkg. of leftover cooked BButt in freezer) Yum !

The plan is to cook up some steak. Not sure how yet.

Sides will be a peas and prosciutto dish and white rice.

I think I"m going to try the idea on the rice topic where you mix in a package of dry ranch dressing mix, some cream cheese and some butter into the white rice after it's done.

The peas and proscuitto dish is also new. It also has garlic and shallots in it.

Mom and David are joining us for burgers frys and milkshakes at the burger place in town. 5,000 calories a bite and worth every one!!

I've been told I need to do something with a pack of italian sausage (bulk).

So I'm thinking italian meatballs with onions, mushrooms, and maybe a red wine or marsala reduction, unless anyone else has some suggestions.

John

Watched this BBC tv show this morning that I've just discovered and am now Tivo'ing. It's called Daily Cooks. Loved the looks of one of the dishes, mashed potatoes with other ingreds, formed into 'not tight' rounded patty's, then lightly browned and put into the oven to set up along side of tomatoes and shrooms. bathed in olive oil salt and pepper. I'll do those plus the mango chicken easy dish they did on there too. I don't have mango or the mango chutney, so Trader Joe's here I come. Plenty of shortbread left, and I melted down caramel/choco chippers to drizzle over the tops or ends of them. My discovery when making the shortbread yesterday [as I didn't use a recipe] I just tossed in the bowl until it felt right to my hands and looked right, was that a good deal of the 3 ingreds turned out to be 4 = corn starch. They are light, very short and soooo tender.
Have a wonderful day everyone...​

Last edited:
:LOL:
Barb L. said:
Going to make some pork chop suey/over rice, sprinked with rice noodles and soy sauce. (Found a pkg. of leftover cooked BButt in freezer) Yum !

This is one of my favorite comfort foods that mom used to make.

I was watching foodnetwork and saw Tyler Florence making Chicken Parmesan and it started my taste buds flowing...:LOL: .

So I ran to the fridge/pantry and sure enough I have everything I need. I'm going to make my own version of this dish though. I do have to make a run to the store for a bag of Baby Salad Greens.....I'll make a honey/dijon vinegrette to drizzle over it. I'll cook some extra wide noodles and toss it with some butter, parsley and parmesan and serve the chicken on it. And I have some left over bakery bread so I'll cube that up and make garlic herb croutons for the salad.

Arby's Big Montana, chips, and a banana for lunch. Supper will be leftover chicken cacciatore (it's use it or lose it day) with a side of penne rigati, crusty Italian bread, and southwest caesar salad, washed down with a lovely BW Coastal Estates 2004 reserve cabernet.

FedEX just showed up with the live lobsters we had flown in from Maine for a graduation party I'm cooking for/hosting tomorrow. I took the liberty of ordering a couple more than was actually needed...cook's/hosts privilege :). As such, tonight's menu:

Lobster thermidor
Crab cakes (gonna head down to BFM and get a few live dungeness to donate their bodies to the cause)
Cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce
Chesapeake Bay rolls (also known as "Red Lobster biscuits" for those who didn't have the privilege of living in Massachussetts to know their true origin/recipe)
Smoked corn on the cob with a lobster-pernod butter
Strawberry chocolate lava cakes (probably. I'm debating if I want to be lazy and just make strawberry shortcake. Just know I have to use the rest of the berries today)

Last edited:
Our exchange student is taking my DH out to the ballgame for an early Father's Day dinner/present, so I will probably make myself a big salad with baby greens from the garden, some other veggies, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

I just came baack from visiting a friend in Waldwick,NJ and stopped by one of my favorite Italian delis.So dinner tonight is an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms entree Puttanesca sauce over mafaldine (sp),salad, garlic bread and whatever red we decide on. Dessert-Saviata cookies(finding these cookies here just made this deli even more endearing to me!!) with espresso. Mangia(sp remember I'm only half Italian!!) to all!! Love and energy, Vicki

Barb, sounds delicious!
SizzlininIN, so far every Tyler Florence recipe I've done has been excellent. Haven't tried his chx. parm though.

We're having hot and sweet Italian sausage and peppers in tomato broth over pasta.

licia said:
L, is your shortbread recipe posted here? We love shortbread with fruit.

It's not a recipe is the only problem:(
I wanted to make it for hubby and always have the ingreds on hand.
So, in a large bowl, I put a stick of real salted butter.
Mashed it with a fork to break up a bit.
Put in 1/2 cup white regular sugar.
Put in 1 cup AP flour.
Started to incorporate.
The butter ratio was too much so I added more flour.
Still too moist which is when I grabbed and added 1/4 cup corn starch.
Gently combined it, tossed it on a cookie sheet, scored with my wavy scorer, into the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, checked it, oh, not done, 14 minutes longer, done. And perfect.
Melted the caramel/chocolate chippers on top of a double boiler, and dipped 1/2 the cookies at the corner only, the other half I'll leave for the purest:wacko: , that's the man.:-p

Kim brought home some freshly ground chuck today, and we're having grilled burgers on wheat buns. I'd just a soon have a really good burger as a steak.

Constance said:
Kim brought home some freshly ground chuck today, and we're having grilled burgers on wheat buns. I'd just a soon have a really good burger as a steak.

Me too - love a good burger !

We went from 90 sun and humidity yesterday to 63 and dreary today! It was a great break from heat and a great day for a big pot of chili. I served it with rice and all the usual toppings. Mmmmm:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom