What's For Dinner, Wednesday, June 20, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
beef stroganoff using the beef from the 24 hours on the countertop experiment, using noodles under the strog.
Peas and pearl onions in creamy basil dressing from Peru.
yard tomatoes are green right now, so I'll "Fried green tomatoes" them. Dipping sauce will be red pasta sauce, frozen in 'ball' jar home made with fresh mozzarella grated over the top.

what are you having?​

I'm not too sure. I"m feeling kind of tired and lazy....my excuse....ammm 2 more months to go in my pregnancy 'lol'.

I took out some boneless pork chops from the freezer.
I might put together some kind of stir-fry on top of rice. That's my goal so far.

The pork is usually marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, seseme oil, garlic and ginger before cooking. Most likely I have posted this before since it's a common supper I make.

I just breaded and browned 4 pork chops and put them in the crock pot with some fresh onions and canned potatoes. I tried this last week too and they turned out way good beyond reason. Will also bake some sweet potatoes along with some garlic whole wheat dinner rolls. I predict we will have this same meal in a day or two!

at room temp, certain meats such as beef build up Uric acid, this tenedrises it to some extent.

I went out and got some pork loin *sliced* and I am marinating it right now. Im attempting to make red cooked bbq pork slices chinese style with lightly fried rice. Wish me luck! Never tried this, but I got enough feedback where I should be alright.

Salmon cakes and all the goodies we got at the farmer's market this morning--peas, strawberries and bi-colored corn. The corn's the first of the season, which seems awfully early to me for PA, but we'll give it a try!

BBQ Mikey said:
I went out and got some pork loin *sliced* and I am marinating it right now. Im attempting to make red cooked bbq pork slices chinese style with lightly fried rice. Wish me luck! Never tried this, but I got enough feedback where I should be alright.
Good luck!

it's far too early (1:24pm) to be thinking about dinner, but I am anyway. I'v sorta been craving a good tofu stirfry, so that may be in our near future.

Grilled Baby lamb chops,sweet potatoes and sauteed summer veggies. Whatever you maybe having I hope you enjoy!!
Love and energy, Vicki

my dinner is orange roughy with lemon/butter & steamed veggies.
if jake whines that he doesn't like fish, his is boxed macaroni & cheese. with margarine. and SKIM MILK!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy: (he fears these items)
and he's cookiing that himself!

Last edited:
We're having pork chops on the grill and corn on the cob. I wanted to grill the corn, too, but Kim doesn't want to mess with it, and he doesn't want it done in the nuke either. So I guess we'll boil it. I have some good leftover broccoli I'll re-heat, and there's a little French bread left, that I can slice and slather with butter to roll our corn in.
Wish I had a big, red, ripe beefsteak tomato to slice, but it's going to be about a month before we get any out of our garden. All we have are blooms right now. :(

Survivor girl, how do you grill your corn?

Husband got caught in horrendous traffic yesterday, so arrived home late & in the mood for something fast & light.

That ended up being cheddar-cheese omelets with turkey bacon, a small side of shoestring potatoes, & a small salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom