What's your favourite board game?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's your favourite board game?

• Scrabble

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Monopoly

• Trivial Pursuit

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Aggravation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clue

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Guess Who

• Checkers

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Chess

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mouse Trap

• Other

• Total voters
Loooooove Monopoly. When I was younger, my neighbor, Gina, and would play the game for weeks at a time. We'd mark our places each day when we stopped playing.

Many was the time we had to cut out more money because we'd used all the bank had and it was out. Sometimes we would even play it by telephone when we couldn't be together physically. We had a ball. That was some SERIOUS Monopoly playing.:ROFLMAO:

Chess!! i love it! I would have voted for connect 4 but thats not a board game ? But neither is mouse trap? Anyhoo, yes, id pick connect 4 defo, no one can beat meeee!

Chess. I have loved that game since my Dad taught me to play when I was 9. My brother, father and I used to have chess tournaments during the summer. What a great way to spend the unbearably hot Florida summers.
I also will have to agree with Shamalicious about Connect Four. I use to play that for as long as whoever I was playing wanted to then I would try to talk someone else into playing.

I love board games! I especially love Scrabble, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Risk, and Stratego. I also like checkers, chess, Clue, Parcheesi, and Acey Deucy. My biggest problem is finding people to play with! Years ago I babysat a couple boys. The oldest one was 8 when I started babysitting and 10 when they moved. My daughter was a year or so younger but she played like a kid (of course she was one!), so she didn't offer a lot of challenge (of course I still played games with her), but Kyle played like an adult. He and I played Risk and Stratego all the time (also Mille Bornes, which is a card game). I missed him so much when they moved (not just because of games--he was a good kid). BTW, when my amazing game partner Kyle finished high school he went on to Harvard with a full academic scholarship. He always was a smartie. :cool:

:) Barbara

middie said:
Scattergories !!
Taboo
Trivial Pursuit

I second you on Scattegories! I love to play that game especially when there are four or more playing. I also enjoy Monopoly, Connect Four and Clue. DH only likes to play Monopoly so that's what I play mostly now!

I like Chess and Trivial Pursuit. I don't really view Chess as a 'boardgame', though. I don't know why, but it seems like it should have its own category or something (how could you put it in the same ilk as 'Mousetrap'? LOL).

Monopoly...and I love Pictionary as well.

My cousin and I would stay up all day/night playing Monopoly. We didn't get as extreme as Katie..but that's only cuz we lived 6 hours away from each other.

I got my husband the Millenium Edition of Monopoly for Christmas one year (can you guess what year):LOL:

I'm also very fond of cards and dice games as well. I play Solitare on my computer until my arm goes numb!

No Cranium or Scene it on there. I love both. Pictionary too. I love Trivial Pursuit but Ken beats me at nearly every version we own dang it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom