What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks

Thanks you buckytom. Do you buy this or make it yourself? Sounds really wild but if it is healthy that is worth the smell. I am happy to hear you are not just eating something because of the flavor. That is what everyone tells me about garlic, the smell. But the health aspect is important. I would like to try this so when I go to Global Foods here, I will ask or maybe Trader Joe's would have it? Make a note of the name and maybe can get off the oatmeal at least once.

Thanks again bucky.

Waffles topped with Butter, Brown Sugar and Reduced Fat Syrup (hehheh...)

Sausage, cheesey eggs, hashbrowns

coffee and a small cigar....

:cool:

itk, i don't make the kimchi. i think my wife would kill me if i tried that in the house. or even somewhere in town. (that's how bad it smells.)

i would just start out with regular cabbage kimchi. and, umm, it's not really breakfast food.

my brekkie this a.m.: seaweed eggdrop soup. i forgot that i put this in the office fridge a few days ago, from takeout that night. the eggdrops are cool, kinda purplish, stained from the seaweed now.

I got up early and made scrambled eggs, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and Quorn bacon. Oh and a glass of quinoa drink.

I think I'm going back to bed now!

buckytom said:
just call me abby. abby normal. :)
LOL.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Igor, would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?
Igor: And you won't be angry?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.
Igor: Abby someone.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Abby someone. Abby who?
Igor: Abby Normal.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Abby Normal?
Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?
[shakes and grabs him]
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?

Today's brekkie was lovely!

perfect scrambled eggs with fresh parsley & cherry tomatos, Quorn bacon and sauteed shiitake mushrooms & red peppers. MMMMMM....

Now to go and brew some dark roast coffee!!!

ixnay on the ottenray, huh regallion? :)

this morning will be brains.. uhh, i'm charged with picking up bacon, eggs, milk, beluga caviar, beef tenderloin points, lobster tails, white asparagus, white truffles, and kumamotos.

ok, i lied after milk... i'm bored.

buckytom

you had me thinking! At least it woke me up while I listen to the water run this early in the morning. Watering my lawn is somthing new to me. anyway thanks gave me a laugh.

Rolled oats for me this morning - today's add-ins and toppings were:
blueberries, peaches, cinnamon, yoghurt, wheat germ, and chopped walnuts and pumpkin seeds.

The recent omelette threads inspired me to make one for breakfast this morning. I haven't made one in years unless you count fritattas. You know how you hear that rumor that some chefs ask cooks that are looking for a job in their kitchens to make an omelette? Personally, I've never come across that but whew, still got the touch. :-p Of course, it would be much different if there was chef looking over your shoulder watching your every move.

Really simple, just a few ingredients: organic eggs, salt, pepper, Port Salut, Tillamook Cheddar.

Last edited:
this morning I had a bowl of Total yogurt cereal and a cup of rice milk, black coffee with 1 t raw sugar.
I thought the thing a new chef was asked to do often times when applying for a job was to fry an egg, maybe I'm confusing that with the omelette though.:huh:

The recent omelette threads inspired me to make one for breakfast this morning. I haven't made one in years unless you count fritattas. You know how you hear that rumor that some chefs ask cooks that are looking for a job in their kitchens to make an omelette? Personally, I've never come across that but whew, still got the touch. :-p Of course, it would be much different if there was chef looking over your shoulder watching your every move.

Last edited:
Sunday breakfast is usually scrambled eggs, sausage and fruit.

Everyday breakfast is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich - whole wheat bread, crunchy jiff and orange marmalade.

:chef:

Breakfast Smoothie

Today's breakfast was frozen strawberries, water, protien powder, ground flax seed, and flax seed oil in the blender. It's good for eating on the go and travels well in the car. My favorite is the scrambled eggs, or an omlet. Maybe this weekend.....

I haven't eaten yet, but am taking the day off work. I might make myself eggs and bacon to celebrate.

This may sound like an odd thing to have for breakfast, but I enjoyed it. Take a soft taco shell, layer medallions of mozzarella, fresh sliced tomatoes, and some lightly cooked, thin sliced deli smoked ham. Fold the taco in half and cook as you would a grilled cheese. Cut into manageable sizes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom