Dinner Sunday, August 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Iam going to make BLT's on crusty french bread, salad and cantaloupe.
(Raining day)

Dang, wrong month - sorry ! (Senior Moment) -lol
( Why can't we edit the heading ?)

Last edited:
'cause, Barb. Admins/Mods can change the titles. I took care of it for you. Even though I could use an extra month right about now, I'll pass. Don't want to relive the hot weather.

Now, we return to our regularly scheduled program...already in progress.;)

well, the garden ripened up a few things last night. Looks like we are having broccoli, sweet corn, and tomatoes. I just made a quart of pesto. So I am thinking, why on earth do I have a 6 pound smoked pork shoulder in the oven?

Barb, could you make it Sept. 5? It's been a longgggg hot summer so far. :LOL:

Back to you, Beth. ;)

I am going to do a roast.

Chicken Breast
Roast potatoes
Veg and gravy ;)

Shrimp and Sea Scallop dinner.

Mushrooms are cooked in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Scallops and Shrimp are thrown into the mix and cooked. Percuitto pieces are thrown into the pan and finally some heavy cream at the end. This is all poured over spagetti or linguini noodles.

Last edited:
legend_018 said:
Shrimp and Sea Scallop dinner.

Mushrooms are cooking in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Scallops and Shrimp are thrown into the mix and cooked. Percuitto pieces are thrown into the pan and finally some heavy cream at the end. This is all poured over spagetti or linguini noodles.

.....And what time is dinner ? sounds delishhhh'

licia said:
What are courgettes?

It's a zucchini licia - just another name for it.

I've got some chicken breasts marinating in some sort of lemongrass, hot chili oil concoction - don't know what I'll have with them yet. I may do some sticky rice (oops - I better get it soaking) with some coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, cilantro, lime juice, etc.

bbq chicken .. smoked sausage .. mac and cheese ..
grilled corn on the cob .. maybe a salad of some kind ..
and ben and jerrys peach cobbler ice cream for dessert ..

We didn't have dinner today. We had Wendy's for lunch and bacon and eggs for supper. It is 96 today with a heat index of 106. I didn't even want to go to the freezer in the garage to hunt something and haven't been to the grocery store after being away for a week, so we had to make do. It was pretty good, though.

Well, it's still hot & humid here, & to top that off a back-up plumbing problem is emphatically rearing it's ugly head.

So to avoid creating more dishes that need washing before I can get a plumber here, husband picked up 1-1/2 pounds of large wild-caught Gulf shrimp that he had the market spicy-steam & which have been chilling in the fridge since this morning, along with a big bowl of "cocktail" sauce (spicy ketchup, horseradish, Frank's Hot Sauce, freshly ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, & fresh lemon juice).

We had grilled pork tenderloin, greek salad, corn on the cob and I just ate a sliver of the the blueberry crumb cake I made for this morning's breakfast.

Who would have thought that all the chicken, rice, courgette and plumbing issues mentioned above would eventually come together here... well they did!

Ok, perhaps not a plumbing issue per se, but it was water dripping from the ceiling. This morning a gentle but persistant rain found its way through faults in the flat roof directly above where I am sitting right now, i.e., above my computer desk in the kitchen, the nerve centre of this room (the heart is elsewhere, thank goodness). Anyway, this left me "unplugged" for a while as DH dealt with the problem... unplugged = not a good thing!

And our dinner tonight brings together the rest:
- grilled chicken breasts (oyster sauce/ginger/garlic/soya sauce based marinade)
- grilled yellow and green courgettes and sweet red peppers
- star anise scented rice medley
- daikon, cabbage and carrot slaw

It started raining again, and no drips yet... hopefully the tar-patching he did will hold up :mellow:

G

I have two bacon-wrapped filets from Omaha Steaks ready to go. Will serve with baked potato sour cream/chives, simple salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, sliced red onions & croutons w bleu cheese dressing. Tartufo (w coffee ice cream) and raspberry sauce, & my fave cheese souffle.

Back
Top Bottom