Best Blueberry Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar (white or brown)
2 eggs
2 tsps baking powder
1 cup blueberries (shake in some flour so they don't sink)
1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk

Blend butter, sugar, eggs and pie filling and milk together. Then add the flour and baking powder. Stir just til all ingredients are incorporated, then fold in the floured blueberries. Batter will look purple but when baked the muffins will be normally coloured. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar as they are cooling.

*If you don't have the blueberry pie filling you can just up the milk by 1/4 cup and the muffins are still pretty danged tasty.

Hey Alix, I just made these muffins! I love your suggestion about coating the blueberries in flour, they didn't sink! I used 1 cup whole meal flour and 1 cup plain flour. No blueberry pie filling though, just fresh blueberries. I also used my silicone muffin pans, no sticking and they baked wonderfully!

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Glad you like it redkitty. This is a fan favorite in our house with or without the pie filling. The pie filling just makes the batter a little "zingier" I think.

My pleasure! I hope you try them. They are easy as pie (pun intended!) and my kids love them, so I know they are a winner.

Sounds good, Alix! Since it only uses 1/2 C of the pie filling, can the rest be frozen for future muffins? Thanks!

Edited to add, I guess I could double the batch of muffins and freeze them. :LOL:

I actually freeze the pie filling in Dixie cups. They are easy to peel when I want to thaw one out for muffins.

Lorraine, they are just as good without the pie filling. Don't make a special trip or anything.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to making them. Blueberries are going on my grocery list for next time!

Back
Top Bottom