Dinner - Monday Sept.17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a large pork loin roast, sliced green beans, sage and onion stuffing, a few roast pots, and boiled baby pots with Plenty of gravy :)

I have a meeting tonight, so leftover Greek meatballs and sauce are thawing in the fridge as I type; we'll have them over pasta with roasted asparagus.

hannaford pizza for DH and tuna salad that i made for myself. I'm on a diet and trying to stay away from starches.

I mixed one can of tuna with some sourcream and 1 tablespoon of lowfat mayo plus some spices and lemon juice. That is what I'm eating tonight.

Last edited:
I'm trying a new recipe, bacon & feta stuffed chicken breasts. We'll also have some kind of potatoes, and Trader Joe's frozen peas.

Sirloin steak, steamed shrimp with creole seasoning, baked potatoes and fresh green salad with corn, cucumbers, tomatoes with a honey mustard dressing

Breakfast was Ovaltine in 1% milk. Mid morning, I had a couple of handsful of peanut butter filled pretzels and some coffee.

Lunch is spaghetti and Italian sausage with garlic bread and a bottle of San Pellegrino or a Diet Sunkist to wash it down. Dessert will be either a cappucino lava cake or an ice cream sandwich.

Supper will be a nice, fresh salad with iceberg lettuce (just bought two fresh picked heads yesterday!), thousand island dressing, shredded colby and jack cheese, and homestyle croutons.

Taco salads here. I made nutella cake yesterday, so we'll have slices of that drizzled with red rasberry sauce for dessert.

Taco salads here. I made nutella cake yesterday, so we'll have slices of that drizzled with red rasberry sauce for dessert.
Oooooh Toots, you made the nutella cake? Did you serve it yet? How was it? It looked fabulous and I was actually thinking that it would be exceptional to serve with a simple raspberry sauce or puree.

Buck and I are doing our quarterly "eating down" of the freezer, so we're having something called Rathskeller Pork, which I made in the crock-pot back in June. Can't remember, off hand, what it is like, but I do know we really, really liked it.

I made baked chicken, a warm german potato salad, green beans and a side salad with iceburg lettuce, tomatos my neighbor gave me, shredded cheddar cheese and thousand island dressing.

I wanted something different, so I did something I had never done before. I sprinkled True Lime on a couple chicken thighs then put a thin coating of honey on them and baked them. It was pretty good. I also had toast and a salad with iceburg lettuce, tomatoes, sliced radishes, bacon bits, shredded sharp cheddar, and peppercorn ranch dressing.

:)Barbara

Last night husband was going out with friends after work, so I had myself a "red meat" night - lol!!

Fired up the charcoal grill & made myself some absolutely fabulous country-style pork ribs. Boy, were they good!!

we had a taco making party last night. seasoned ground turkey, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheeses, and sour cream. sides were brown rice and refried beans.

death by chocolate cake for dessert. (i "stole" the cake from work as it was leftover from catering for football. i can't believe they were going to toss out a whole chocolate cake.)

Back
Top Bottom