Knorr sauce packets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
I always make my own sauces from scratch, whether it being a cream based, tomato based or pan sauce. Lately, being in a creativity funk, I decided to pick up a few different sauce mixes from Knorr.

Last night I used the Creamy Pesto sauce with penne, sausage, onions and peppers. (should have used chicken, but the sausage was defrosted)

I decased the sausages and cooked them in a sautee pan breaking up into pieces as it cooked. Strained it and placed to the side. Added a couple tablespoons of OO and sauteed the onions and bell pepper. Deglazed with a 3/4 cup of white wine, and reduced to half. Since there was liquid still in the pan, I altered the liquid for the sauce mix. Instead of 1 c. milk and 1/4 cup EVOO, I used about 3 T OO and a coup of milk. Whisked until the sauce began to thicken, then added the sausage and a 1/2# of penne. Mix together over med heat until the sauce completely thickened and serve.

The dish came out great, so instead of buying all the ingredients for a homemade sauce, I spent $2.50 on the mix.:chef:

I've used Knorr off and on for years..It comes in so handy when you are in a hurry or have all the little ones to watch..My family loves the Au Jus with a little sherry added to dunk french dip sandwiches in...
kadesma:)

I love the Knorr packs. They’re very good. Only problem is, all the ones I have are in German. Using Babelfish, I’m able figure out enough to put the dish together, and they’re great. Knorr packs are very popular over in Germany, and a friend of mine living there sent me about a dozen of them. I haven’t made one in a while, so I think it’s time to break one of them out.

The last one I made was a gravy type sauce that I added pork to. It was great. I later asked my friend what it was, and he said, loosely translated, it was Sliced Turkey with Gravy.....I used the wrong meat! But it was still good. :LOL:

I generally like Knorr products but they all have the same funny taste -- something I can't define but can detect in a heartbeat.

I adored Knorr soup as a little girl because of this taste, but now am sort of put off by it.

I was in Paris at a budget cafe and ordered French Onion soup and after the first sip identified it as Knorr!

You can buy them in the supermarket here and they are not in German.

I generally like Knorr products but they all have the same funny taste -- something I can't define but can detect in a heartbeat.

I adored Knorr soup as a little girl because of this taste, but now am sort of put off by it.

I was in Paris at a budget cafe and ordered French Onion soup and after the first sip identified it as Knorr!

You can buy them in the supermarket here and they are not in German.

:)I know what you mean about the taste its a love hate thing for me.

Jenny, I know what you mean. I think all of those prepared food companies have their own 'flavor', i.e. canned coups, Zatarains rices.

Like I did, you could just use it as a base and add some other ingedients. I'm always light on any salt though, I think alot of the prepared foods have way too much saltiness.

Oh, I know you can get them here, but I love my German versions. There’s just something cool about cooking with stuff from a foreign country! :LOL:

I’ve actually got packs/flavors that aren’t sold here.

Oh, I know you can get them here, but I love my German versions. There’s just something cool about cooking with stuff from a foreign country! :LOL:

There is THE BEST sausage store in Norwell, MA that sells cool German products that you can't get in stores (in addition to the best sausages I've ever eaten). Their packaging is mostly in German. I was once fluent but can hardly make them out now.

:)Actually you can get the German ones at German Deli which is why they offer english translations

:)Actually you can get the German ones at German Deli which is why they offer english translations

Germandeli.com is in Texas? To bad they aren’t closer to me! All the local stores around here carry only 3 or 4 Knorr pack varieties if you're lucky. But, there's always mailorder. The translations are great too. I’ve got this one (and several others), and now I know what to do with it!! Although I still had to look up what a champignon is. Thanks for the link! :)

Keltin, you need to come visit me in Canada, we have more Knorr's packages than you can shake a stick at. (Oh and we are bilingual, so you learn pretty darned quick about those champignons!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom