Dinner tonight - Sept.20, '07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
With leftovers mostly gone 'ceptin a portion of rice/barley and a smidge of tenderloin so tonight it'll be this tri tip recipe that I found online, looks good to me anyway...

http://http://www.orbeef.org/pacific_rim_marinated_tri.htm

Mashed yams {Nanna style}, glazed carrots because DH loves, the heirlooms I got at Von's yesterday, sliced with balsamic and olive oil, garlic and basil, parm cheese a top slices, and tonight, yep, I'll make those lava cakes. Off to the market, as I now need oodles of butter thanks to Miss Paula Deen.

How 'bout you, what ya making on this fine rainy Thursday? Anyone gonna catch the first Survivor tonight? DH is gonna flip as it's now set up to Tivo until finished, he hates reality anything.:dry:

Last edited:
bbq pork ribs. broiled them a little - now in crock pot for the day

also corn bread...i think its the jiffy brand - will cook in oven later

oh and maybe salad.

Last edited:
Red Beans and rice, with smoked sausage and a bit of pig.
Little salad on the side, nice Pale Ale to wash it all down.

Where's my Beano?

dw's coven is gathering (warpaint, nail sharpening, hair staining) is tonight, so i'm making angus blue cheese burgers, french fries, and salads for the boy and i. i'm also gonna finally make the pot roast. it should be done by the time the meeting is over. :)

Yesterday, on sale, major sale, at our local supermarket [if you had/have their card that is] was tri tip. I bought 3 of them, the smallest is what I'm using to make my recipe for tonight. The two others are huge though, and one was $28, I got it for $8 the other was $32, I got it for $9.50. Is this the complete wrong kind of meat to use for either Bucky's pot roast or that foil package thingie? I'm thinking many of you will say yes as tri tip is a nice piece of beef and maybe should be used as such.

Some kind of takeaway...either donner with extra extra EXTRA chilli sauce or donner or spicy mince pizza

DD and I are on our own tonight so it's a vegetarian meal with veggies that doesn't like!:ROFLMAO: I'm making fresh spinach and cheese ravioli tossed with sauteed fresh baby spinach and an arrabbiata sauce, broccoli sauteed with fresh garlic and red pepper flakes, and fruit salad. If we have room after than, I think I'll treat us to some strawberry ice cream, Sofie's favorite.

Meatless for us tonight, so dinner will be Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie, which includes sliced zucchini, onions, basil, garlic, shredded Muenster, eggs, all put together and baked in a crescent roll crust.

We've been without an oven for two weeks now. The repair guys were here this morning to replace the targeted part. Put it in. Oven still didn't work. They said they might get back to me early next week or by Thursday. That'll be three weeks with no oven:(.

Fortunately, we have been "eating down" the freezer, so most of our meals (except for tonight's, of course) are reheated in the microwave. Looks like Mr. Crock-pot is going to do an encore. At least we have our nice big toaster oven.

Nothing to exciting. Sauteed Quorn fillets with asparagus & mushrooms in Shaka's sauce. A very scrummy cookie for dessert!!! (Raspberry & White Chocolate)

Nothing to exciting. Sauteed Quorn fillets with asparagus & mushrooms in Shaka's sauce. A very scrummy cookie for dessert!!! (Raspberry & White Chocolate)

I had to look Quorn up! I thought it was a weird spelling of “corn”!

It’s a mycoprotein that is very popular in the UK, and is named of “processed edible fungus” and is an alternative to meat. It uses egg white for binders and is not suitable for vegans. Interesting! How does it taste........don’t say like chicken! :LOL:

I went to lunch with my best friend and ran errands with her all day (including about 2 hours being stuck and her having to buy a new car battery), so we stopped for fast food on the way home. I had a Whopper and a diet Coke.

:)Barbara

Watched another night of Hitchcock on AMC (American Movie Classics)... so twas tv viewing food. Roast beef, swiss cheese, sliced avocado, lettuce & tomatoes on a whole wheat roll w mayo. Baked Lay's potato chips and a fruit cup for snackin'.

We've been without an oven for two weeks now. The repair guys were here this morning to replace the targeted part. Put it in. Oven still didn't work. They said they might get back to me early next week or by Thursday. That'll be three weeks with no oven:(.

Hey, Katie. We had no oven for three *months* this summer, due to kitchen renovations. I became good friends with the grill :)

Last night, DH had to go to a 7 p.m. meeting, so I met him and a friend at a local pub; had a chicken parm sandwich sans bread, fries, and rum & Coke with grenadine, no lime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom