What is the difference between the working of a microwave safe skillet and casserole?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maria

Cook
Hi guys, i have a microwave safe glass casserole dish. But my cook book on microwave cooking asks for microwave safe skillet. What is the difference between the working of the two, and can i use the casserole where the author is using the skillet ?! I think i can, i do not find any difference in the working between the two, but i am afraid.. so thought of asking you guys. I do not have a microwave safe skillet, i only have a microwave safe glass casserole dish.

I have a microwave safe skillet. Its made by Visions. I don't know that they make them anymore though. They come in different sizes, and depths.

116zjbHeEtL.jpg

That's right, Alix. I forgot about "Visions" cookware. It can be found here. I've purchased quite a few items from these folks. I find their prices very good and their shipping quite fair...$4.95 USD for orders under $59 USD. After that, shipping's free, Worth going in with a friend or two to buy stuff.

Whoa! I sound like a commercial.:LOL:

:)Im only confused because I consider a skillet for frying/sauteeing and a casserole dish for heating and baking.

Jp, the Visions cookware was designed to be used on top of the stove, hence the skillet. I realize it's scary to think of putting glass on a unit, but that's what Visions created. I would still be a bit leery of doing it.

:)I understand Katie I have used visions in the microwave I never zap in in any kind of plastic but the word skillet threw me off as I consider a skillet made of metal.:)

I love my Visions, but you have to be careful as it retains more heat than regular pots and pans. So you need to make sure you only use it on low to medium heat.

maria, you need to be careful about using a casserole on a stove element. So if this recipe has you going back and forth between element and microwave you might want to look into using a skillet on the stove and the casserole in the microwave.

Or...invest in a visions skillet! LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom